Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loading Bay Parking on Sunday
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
yusufyp
Hello all, I parked in a loading bay on Sunday for 20 minutes as I was struggling to find parking. I thought it would be quick and since it was Sunday it will be okay but unlucky me I came back to find a ticket, what was even more annoying was I found cars on the side streets parked on double yellow lines with No Penalty Tickets. Was hoping to see if there is any technicality that I can use to get out of it. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Incandescent
Signs and lines in apple pie order. If you park in contravention these days hoping to get away with it, think again ! Cash flow from parking offences is so lucrative to councils they have CEOs patrolling 24x7.

You have blanked-out too much, put location back in, and show us the back of the PCN. This is where technical errors can prove fatal to enforcement of the PCN.
yusufyp
Hi Incandescent, I have uploaded the ticket with the front and back. Thanks for looking.
Incandescent
QUOTE (yusufyp @ Tue, 15 Aug 2017 - 18:51) *
Hi Incandescent, I have uploaded the ticket with the front and back. Thanks for looking.

Just looked and I can't see anything wrong with the PCN, so the discount beckons, I fear. I'm afraid you'll have to put this one down as a learning oppportunity in Life's Rich Pageant !

BTW, never, ever, assume anything about parking no matter what day of the week it may be. Always check for signs and lines. Parking for councils is now a £1.5 billion cash stream.
yusufyp
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Tue, 15 Aug 2017 - 21:42) *
QUOTE (yusufyp @ Tue, 15 Aug 2017 - 18:51) *

Just looked and I can't see anything wrong with the PCN, so the discount beckons, I fear. I'm afraid you'll have to put this one down as a learning oppportunity in Life's Rich Pageant !

BTW, never, ever, assume anything about parking no matter what day of the week it may be. Always check for signs and lines. Parking for councils is now a £1.5 billion cash stream.

Thanks for looking, I won't be taking this risk again. Once again thanks for your help, much appreciated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.