Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN - Parked in a Restricted Street During Prescribed Hours
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Barry_White
Hi Guys,

Basically I received a parking ticket at 10:05 last night after popping out for some food after a 7 a side knock about. As the car park was full and there was limited parking elsewhere I parked on the pavement. I made sure that I was not causing any infringements nor was I blocking access to any entrances or exits. There was also adequate space to go past without causing harm.

There was no signage bar one over the road which offered restrictions between 8am - 6pm (Mon -Sat)

Am I able to avoid this parking fine or is this something I will have to pay?

I have attached images - It was by Sandwell Borough Council

Thanks smile.gif
peterguk
Bang to rights for the contravention.

DYLs are 24/7 so need no time plate and cover from middle of road to boundary with private property, inc. verge, pavement etc.
stamfordman
Yellow lines extend to carriageway boundary with property so this may be bang to rights as you were on the double yellow side. Post the Google Street View of the location.
peterguk
QUOTE (Barry_White @ Fri, 4 Aug 2017 - 10:22) *

Yep. Looks bang to rights.

Highway Code is your friend.
stamfordman
Does look inviting as it's very wide. But you made the wrong choice - you should have parked on the single yellow opposite as that was derestricted at that time. You could try challenging that the outer part beyond the pavement is not part of the carriageway.
Barry_White
Thanks guys, appreciate your help. Looks like I am just going to have to give into the 'higher power' that may be the council.

As if they have nothing better to do at 10pm last night smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.