Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10 minute grace ?!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
netsirk
Hi - I was wondering if someone could answer a question regarding a parking ticket I recieved whilst parked in a car park, albeit not in a marked bay.

I was only parked there for a matter of minutes, 4 at most, but on return had already recieved a ticket. I was under the impression that the officer would have to give my vehicle 10 minutes between first sight and the booking of the penalty ?!

The notice was a civil penalty (parked in Gatesheads Metro Centre car park) and was first seen at 13:32, and charged at 13:32. There were no yellow lines or any signs advertising parking legislation anywhere.

Any help much appreciated.
peterb
QUOTE (netsirk @ Fri, 19 May 2006 - 16:27) *
Hi - I was wondering if someone could answer a question regarding a parking ticket I recieved whilst parked in a car park, albeit not in a marked bay.

I was only parked there for a matter of minutes, 4 at most, but on return had already recieved a ticket. I was under the impression that the officer would have to give my vehicle 10 minutes between first sight and the booking of the penalty ?!

The notice was a civil penalty (parked in Gatesheads Metro Centre car park) and was first seen at 13:32, and charged at 13:32. There were no yellow lines or any signs advertising parking legislation anywhere.

Any help much appreciated.

Where were you parked ??
What was the contravention/raeson for the ticket ??

I think the Grace periods vary between councils.
I doubt if they are even published, as Councils could have people using their own stopwatches.

Certainly not as long as 10 minutes.

peterb
traitorblair
if the Council operates a Decriminalised Parking policy its tickets are probably illegal anyway, see here
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.