Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: westminster pcn
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
chevalier
Can anyone help please, In January 2006 i received a letter from city of westminster claiming i was parked in a residents bay in december 2005. I sent back my appeal in january which was in plenty of time, and informed them that i was not in the area on the date in question. I have just received a further letter from westminster stating that they have no record of payment or formal representation. However in the same letter it states that i have indicated that my vehicle was not at the location at the time of contravention. I have checked my appeal letter and i definately stated i wish to appeal. As i was not in the area at the time no ticket was placed on the vehicle so i cant even check if there was issue/contravention dates.
Does anyone have any suggestions, thanks
Wayne Pendle
QUOTE (chevalier @ Fri, 19 May 2006 - 14:20) *
Can anyone help please, In January 2006 i received a letter from city of westminster claiming i was parked in a residents bay in december 2005. I sent back my appeal in january which was in plenty of time, and informed them that i was not in the area on the date in question. I have just received a further letter from westminster stating that they have no record of payment or formal representation. However in the same letter it states that i have indicated that my vehicle was not at the location at the time of contravention. I have checked my appeal letter and i definately stated i wish to appeal. As i was not in the area at the time no ticket was placed on the vehicle so i cant even check if there was issue/contravention dates.
Does anyone have any suggestions, thanks

Well the fact is that Westminster are still demanding money from people even though their PCNs prior to Westminster changing the PCNs, have been proven to be unlawful. This is a criminal offence and as such, anyone may walk into a Police station and make a complaint.

Secondly, in the unlikely event of the above happening unless someone from LMAG were to do it, if the Council are saying that they haven't received your wish to make representations then you may ask to make a statutory declaration. This is an oath in that you had asked to make a representation but for whatever reason the Council did not receive it. The process should then revert back to the previous stage that you may ask too make a formal representation.

Lastly, there appears to be an abundance of lost post at the appeal stage, justs goes to show that compliance with the law starts with good administration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.