Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fluttering ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Jimzzr
Hi,

Other half picked up a PCN. Ticket probably blew over when closed door. CEOs pictures show ticket reverse on dashboard with serial number (that matches one on ticket front), so no question over correct fee being paid etc.

I know Bogsy has a fluttering ticket letter somewhere which I'm sure can find. Should I use this at the appeal to council stage? Anything else I can/should add.

Scans of PCN below (hopefully)

Many Thanks

Jim
Mad Mick V
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Globe+L...#33;4d0.5233881

If their off street order dates to 2004 then we might be in for some fun. As the sign indicates, ask for the current order and amendments. After all you have had success in the past just by asking this Council for documentation.

Mick
stamfordman
From Medway's policy:

"Note: If vehicle is displaying an obscured Pay & Display ticket or ticket is face down, a PCN will be issued after 5 minutes observation. Issue if Pay & Display ticket is upside down but details can still be read – check ticket for validity. Serial number must be recorded if face down. Photo and details are essential. Pay & Display tickets are not transferrable between car parks."

Note the " Serial number must be recorded if face down." This suggests they will match the CEO notes to your valid ticket and cancel. Or maybe not...

http://www.medway.gov.uk/pdf/MEDWAY%20PARK...20Aug%2013..pdf
Jimzzr

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Thu, 20 Jul 2017 - 22:49) *
From Medway's policy:

"Note: If vehicle is displaying an obscured Pay & Display ticket or ticket is face down, a PCN will be issued after 5 minutes observation. Issue if Pay & Display ticket is upside down but details can still be read – check ticket for validity. Serial number must be recorded if face down. Photo and details are essential. Pay & Display tickets are not transferrable between car parks."

Note the " Serial number must be recorded if face down." This suggests they will match the CEO notes to your valid ticket and cancel. Or maybe not...

Yes. Perhaps a friendly appeal to their better nature is the way to start?

Jim
stamfordman
QUOTE (Jimzzr @ Thu, 20 Jul 2017 - 23:33) *
From Medway's policy:

Well they do say they operate a fair policy (don't they all). I would put in a polite challenge on the lines of:

"I bought a ticket valid at the time of issue of the PCN but accidentally it flipped over. I understand the serial number confirming the validity of the ticket will have been noted by your CEO, and would ask you to kindly cancel the PCN as parking was paid for, and I enclose a copy of the parking ticket for you to match to the serial number."

And you can add tongue in cheek: "I understand also that your policy is to abide by government fairness guidance in such matters, where it is not in the public interest to enforce a PCN where a legitimate parking ticket has been established." (This is the essence of the 'Bogsy' I think.)

However, see if the council's pics are online so you can also confirm the CEO took a pic of the flipped ticket.

Jimzzr
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Thu, 20 Jul 2017 - 23:45) *
QUOTE (Jimzzr @ Thu, 20 Jul 2017 - 23:33) *
From Medway's policy:

Well they do say they operate a fair policy (don't they all). I would put in a polite challenge on the lines of:

"I bought a ticket valid at the time of issue of the PCN but accidentally it flipped over. I understand the serial number confirming the validity of the ticket will have been noted by your CEO, and would ask you to kindly cancel the PCN as parking was paid for, and I enclose a copy of the parking ticket for you to match to the serial number."

And you can add tongue in cheek: "I understand also that your policy is to abide by government fairness guidance in such matters, where it is not in the public interest to enforce a PCN where a legitimate parking ticket has been established." (This is the essence of the 'Bogsy' I think.)

However, see if the council's pics are online so you can also confirm the CEO took a pic of the flipped ticket.

CEO's pics are online and (one of the twelve) does clearly show the reverse side of ticket with coresponding serial number.
John U.K.
CEO's pics are online and (one of the twelve) does clearly show the reverse side of ticket with coresponding serial number.

Enclose a copy of the CEO's relevant pic with your polite challenge, and refer to it in your challenge. Saves whoever reads your challenge dragging it up on his PC !

If you have time post a copy of your draft challenge here for comment before sending, but do not miss deadline for preserving discount.
Jimzzr
Success smile.gif - but I won't be so lucky next time...

Dear
PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE MW
I refer to your recent appeal against the above Penalty Charge Notice.
The Penalty Charge Notice was issued as although there was a pay and display ticket in your
vehicle, this ticket was face down. The Civil Enforcement Officer is unable to ascertain the validity
of the ticket unless the relevant details are clearly visible, therefore please ensure that your pay &
display ticket is clearly displayed, as further Penalty Charge Notices issued for the same
contravention will be enforced.
I note that you have submitted details of a valid Pay and Display ticket in support of your appeal
and the charge has been cancelled on this occasion only.
Although the circumstances of each Penalty Charge Notice are investigated individually the
criteria used by the parking division to assess appeals would normally allow only one occasion for
a cancellation on the above basis.
stamfordman
Well done - thought they would cancel based on their stated policy of noting the upturned details. Best to leave your fluttering days behind you in Medway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.