Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus Lane Fine
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
fatboyonadiet
Hi, I've got a bus lane fine for moving into a bus lane about 2 car lengths before it ends (I was turning left at the lights)

I did the crime so should pay the fine, but think it's a little unfair

Should I bother appealing or just shut up and pay it?
PASTMYBEST
Don't know. For advice post the PCN all pages redact only personal details also get the video and post that
fatboyonadiet
I've never had the PCN, my car is a lease so I've only had the PCN number rather than ticket

Vid can be viewed here: https://viewmypcn.co.uk/Default.aspx with MC88390063 and MF66HFM
stamfordman
Normally this would be about de minimis (minimal) if no other traffic but diving out like that is not good. See what others say.

What is the procedure with the lease company - read the agreement.
PASTMYBEST
Not all adjudicators find as this one, but it can be argued

The Authority is correct in stating that the appellant entered the bus lane before the relevant break in the solid white line. However, the Authority does not appear to have given proper consideration as to when the vehicle actually entered the bus lane.
The visual evidence shows that the vehicle moved into the bus lane just a few metres before the precise start of that bus lane. Indeed, from the evidence a bus that is behind the appellant's vehicle can be seen turning left, even before it would seem that the appellant had made his manoeuvre. All the traffic ahead of the appellant's vehicle were travelling straight ahead in the carriageway adjoining the bus lane and no advantage was gained by the appellant in turning into the bus lane .Furthermore, the guidelines for the enforcement of bus lanes suggest that an operator should observe a vehicle travelling along a bus lane for at least 20 metres [approximately five car lengths] before any PCN ought to be issued. It would appear from the evidence that such a guideline had not been adhered to in enforcing this penalty.
For all the above reasons I do not accept that the contravention had been proved and that enforcement is indeed appropriate.
Neil B
You may not yet have PCN but fairly sure you've had help here before.

So where are the basic details?

Council, location, GSV, dates, vid if you've found it.
fatboyonadiet
Thanks all, useful to know.

Neil, some details above but also below;

MC88390063 was issued on 06/07/2017 16:18 for being in a bus lane on Ashton
Old Road (Turton Street to Fairfield Road).

Reg:
MF66HFM
PCN:
MC88390063
Date & Time:
06/07/2017 16:18
Issuing Authority:
MANCHESTER CITY COUNCIL
P O BOX 532
TOWN HALL
MANCHESTER
GREATER MANCHESTER
M60 2LA
PASTMYBEST
The lease company are liable for a PCN addressed to them, They can make reps to the effect that it is you that is liable but until you get a PCN in your name there is nothing for you to do
fatboyonadiet
Thanks, the email they sent me with the details they signed off with the below, so I'm assuming I'll get it soon.

And given that I have already contacted the council about it, am I not already stating I'm aware of it?

We have contacted the issuing authority and provided them with the address details above for them to reissue the notice to. In case you need further information prior to you receiving the notice, we have provided you with details of the PCN so you can contact the issuing authority directly. A copy of the fine will not be provided by Honda Contract Hire.

You should receive the notice within the next few weeks. On receipt of the notice your options are to pay as per the instructions or appeal if you have suitable grounds.

An administration fee is charged for this process and will appear on your next monthly invoice.
PASTMYBEST
Wait til you get a PCN in your name
fatboyonadiet
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Mon, 17 Jul 2017 - 19:39) *
Wait til you get a PCN in your name

I now have the PCN in my name (previous one was cancelled on 10th Aug and reissued 11th Aug), should I now appeal using the wording kindly provided by PastMyBest
fatboyonadiet
THANKS ALL FOR THE HELP. Received a response and had the ticket cancelled as I didn't gain an advantage by going into the bus lane
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (fatboyonadiet @ Sun, 10 Sep 2017 - 18:25) *
THANKS ALL FOR THE HELP. Received a response and had the ticket cancelled as I didn't gain an advantage by going into the bus lane

In this time frame sounds like council cancelled, can you post the letter. that is most unusual
stamfordman
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Sun, 10 Sep 2017 - 18:30) *

In this time frame sounds like council cancelled, can you post the letter. that is most unusual

It was an auto-generated contravention I reckon - so council may have reviewed it properly on a appeal. Good for them.
fatboyonadiet
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Sun, 10 Sep 2017 - 18:30) *

This work?

John U.K.
Good result... well done smile.gif

Coiuld we see your persuasive reps, please, as they may help others.
Neil B
Amazing. biggrin.gif ohmy.gif
fatboyonadiet
QUOTE (John U.K. @ Mon, 11 Sep 2017 - 19:37) *
Good result... well done smile.gif

Coiuld we see your persuasive reps, please, as they may help others.

Not my work at all, think I copied PastMyBests helpful reply!

The Authority is correct in stating that the appellant entered the bus lane before the relevant break in the solid white line. However, the Authority does not appear to have given proper consideration as to when the vehicle actually entered the bus lane.
The visual evidence shows that the vehicle moved into the bus lane just a few metres before the precise start of that bus lane. Indeed, from the evidence a bus that is behind the appellant's vehicle can be seen turning left, even before it would seem that the appellant had made his manoeuvre. All the traffic ahead of the appellant's vehicle were travelling straight ahead in the carriageway adjoining the bus lane and no advantage was gained by the appellant in turning into the bus lane .Furthermore, the guidelines for the enforcement of bus lanes suggest that an operator should observe a vehicle travelling along a bus lane for at least 20 metres [approximately five car lengths] before any PCN ought to be issued. It would appear from the evidence that such a guideline had not been adhered to in enforcing this penalty.
For all the above reasons I do not accept that the contravention had been proved and that enforcement is indeed appropriate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.