Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN objection - been a long time...
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
8bit
At the end of last year I parked in a council (Aberdeen City Council) pay and display car park and paid for a couple of hours. I was about 15 minutes late returning to my car and found a PCN on the windscreen.

I wrote to the email address listed on the PCN to object to it on three grounds which I believe to be valid but that's not the point of the question here. I received a response a few weeks later saying that they had declined my objection so I proceeded to raise it as a formal objection. I submitted this objection sometime in late December (29th or so) but I have yet to hear anything in response.

Is there any sort of time limit for this? Should I chase this up with the authority?

Thanks in advance...
nextdoor
Was your 'formal objection' in reply to
a) the council's rejection of your informal challenge or
b) the Notice to Owner
stamfordman
Did you wait for the notice to owner and then make a formal appeal?
Incandescent
Can we see documents, please - PCN and Notice to Owner. A formal appeal can only be submitted after a Notice to Owner is received. Scotland still uses the 1991 legislation, but the process is still (1) PCN then (2) NtO.

AFAIK there is a six month time limit from PCN date for issuing a Notice to Owner, but check the Scottish legislation to make sure.
DancingDad
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Wed, 21 Jun 2017 - 17:46) *
..........AFAIK there is a six month time limit from PCN date for issuing a Notice to Owner, but check the Scottish legislation to make sure.

AFAIK under Scottish 1991 Act, no time limits for either serving a Notice to Owner or serving a response to Formal Representations.

However, tenets of fairness in law come into play, need to check key case that refers but Davis rings a bell and would IMO be pertinent should this go to appeal.
8bit
Thanks all. Sorry I should have said - yes I waited for and responded to the Notice to Owner. The documents in question are at work, I'll post them tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.