Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this PCN Code 02 Water Tight?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Charsiu
Hi Guys,

Just got this PCN about 90 minutes ago. Went to do an evening groceries run at Aldi, basically they don't own a car park themselves and the only other car park is owned by the council which closes at 20:30; Aldi closes at 22:00.

Google Streetview of where I actually parked: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Aldi+SuperStore/@51.5569225,0.248643,3a,60y,167.66h,63.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sviXfHPj8uT6mPv_TOV2fuQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d8ba4d492651e1:0xc7ee2e633d86add1!8m2!3d51.5563788!4d0.2484794

PCN ticket: https://1drv.ms/i/s!As_e_pwBk-z-jW6d-YY_2P79DLWP

It's quite bait and I probably don't deserve helping, but there is literally no where to park with the council car park being locked up at 20:30 too. PCN is costing me more than my groceries!

Thanks in advance.
stamfordman
What possessed you to park on double yellows is beyond me - you could have parked at the road at the end on a single yellow after 6.30pm.

Others may see something wrong with the PCN but I can't - code 2 presumably to also cover loading restriction. Only bright spot is £55 not £65.
DancingDad
Nothing is jumping out except why not use the ALDI car park ?
There is one, between the council car park and the store.

Incandescent
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Mon, 5 Jun 2017 - 22:48) *
What possessed you to park on double yellows is beyond me - you could have parked at the road at the end on a single yellow after 6.30pm.

Others may see something wrong with the PCN but I can't - code 2 presumably to also cover loading restriction. Only bright spot is £55 not £65.

I have to say I can't find this SYL, please give the GSV reference.
stamfordman
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Mon, 5 Jun 2017 - 23:33) *
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Mon, 5 Jun 2017 - 22:48) *

I have to say I can't find this SYL, please give the GSV reference.

I meant at the adjoining road (Gaynes Rd) at the end of the service road there are bays and single yellows - but that would have meant a short walk...
Incandescent
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Mon, 5 Jun 2017 - 23:32) *

This shows it, although some of the spaces are reserved.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5567149,0...#33;3m1!1e3
stamfordman
Must say the council does no one any favours by locking up a perfectly good car park at 20.30. Why not leave it open?
Incandescent
Here is satellite view on Bing Maps

https://www.bing.com/maps?FORM=LGCYVD

So there is an Aldi car-park and there are several spaces too. I really cannot see an appeal succeeding here with a DYL contravention. Obviously CEO patrolling at this time of night is for money-grubbing purposes but legal nonetheless. Best pay the discount unless the PCN contains fatal errors, IMHO
Charsiu
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Mon, 5 Jun 2017 - 23:32) *

The smaller car park adjacent to the council car park that closes at 20:30 is not owned by Aldi and there were actual signage state it's for residents only; notice the metal vertical bars per parking bay which are also numbered.

Only error I could find on the PCN is the colour of my car, but from searching the forums the colour is irrelevant. mad.gif Considering the location and actual time of the patrols I can't but help imagine it's literally for money grabbing purposes.
hcandersen
This contravention and its 'restricted street' equivalent don't always convey the full extent of the restriction.

For example, this contravention applies to single as well as double yellow lines and part-time and 24/7 loading restrictions.

This location is out of the top drawer: 24/7 no waiting and 24/7 no loading.

What you do really depends on how you value your time and your approach to risk.

You could submit a challenge pleading for discretion - but it's certain that this would be rejected - but you'd at least delay the date for payment of the discount. You might even trip up the authority procedurally and then have to wait a further 2 months to take this point to an adjudicator - assuming you are the owner of the vehicle - with the full penalty in play....

...or you could pay the discount now and move on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.