Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: M25 Cameras
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
dieselman
I was driving on the M25 came on at the A3 junction just as the cameras start the speed limit went from 50 then 40 then 50 i was doing about 50 maybe under as i tried to slow down, the gantry didnt state there was a speed camera there but on the way back i saw it as i looked across. Does this mean i will get points and a lovely fine or am i safeish as i tried to slow down from 50 - 40 but didnt get down to 40 quick enough as i went through i was going about 47mph??? am concerned!
dieselman
I was driving on the M25 came on at the A3 junction just as the cameras start the speed limit went from 50 then 40 then 50 i was doing about 50 maybe under as i tried to slow down, the gantry didnt state there was a speed camera there but on the way back i saw it as i looked across. Does this mean i will get points and a lovely fine or am i safeish as i tried to slow down from 50 - 40 but didnt get down to 40 quick enough as i went through i was going about 47mph??? am concerned! Im not sure as im told its entrapment if they arent sign posted! as on nearly all the m25 camera signs are present on the gantries! i dont think the speed limit suddenly changed but it might have but i dont think it did. am concern can anyone help! it was been a week now lol!
Fredd
You've started a duplicate thread!
peterb
You should receive NIP within 14 days of offence.
If you haven't received NIP, you should be ok.

Forget about it until you receive the NIP, then get your act together.

peterb
Ocelot
There is a certain time delay (or at least there is supposed to be) between the speed limit changing and the GATSO getting you on the M25 variable speed limit section. I don't know how long this is, however.

They flash like normal GATSOs, so, although they are higher up than usual, you still definately should have seen a flash if you had been caught.

I think the tolerance is quite high on this particular section of road, although, of course, this could change at any time.

Incidentally, I don't think they are required to warn you if a gantry GATSO may be active by sticking a camera sign on it. SOme have them signs, some don't. Some are active, some aren't
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.