Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nottingham Council respond to my appeal after 3 months?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
StanMN
Hello, thanks all for the exceptional job you are doing by defending the people's rights and saving their hard earning money.

I'm new to this forum, so please, can I have some expert advice on my case.

Some brief information:

Authority: Nottingham City Council
Contravention : Parked without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket or voucher ( although my ticked has fallen from the dashboard and I showed it to the Parking officer as he still was there when I came back)
Date of contravention - 24 / 02 / 1017
Date of my appeal (through Council's own appeal page) - 05 / 03 / 2017
Date the Council send me an email of acknowledgment of my appeal - 14 / 03 / 2017
Date of formal rejection of my challenge - 24 / 05 / 2017

So, actually I receive the Council respond to my appeal more than 2 and half months after I submit the appeal. Is that lawful?
As we have 28 days to appeal, is there any time frame set by the law in which the Councils need to respond. Can this be a reason for my ticket to be canceled?
And how I have to respond as the Council told me not to appeal again as I need to wait for the Notice to Owner letter?

Thank any one in advance and I hope I'm not very annoying with my request
stamfordman
Nottingham plays hardball with this type of contravention unlike some councils, which will cancel when evidence that parking has been paid for is produced, at least for a first 'offence'.

Delays in response can always be cited as at least a failure of service if not statutory requirement.

Post the PCN, your challenge and their rejection - use a site such as Flickr and post the BBcode links.

John U.K.
As usual, for best advice please post up PCN (both sides) and copies of all correspondence to and from Council.

Do not attach docs/photos, but use this method:
Photo or scan. see http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858&st=0
for how to do it. I use Tinypic for stage 2 with no problems.
STAGE 1 takes care of resizing. If you use Tinypic for Stage 2, on the left each image in Tinypic is a list of links. Highlight and copy the entire link 'for forums' from the list for each image - beginning with IMG and ending /IMG (include all the square brackets [ ] ), and paste each link into your post. Each copied and pasted link will embed a thumbnail link in your post.

Using the attachment method is not advised as it means quickly running out of attachment space.
Redact/obscure personal details, PCN no. Reg No.

Also post up a GSV (Google Street View) link to the location.
LEAVE IN all dates/times; precise location, Contravention code and description.
StanMN
Thank you for the fast respond.
I will try and upload all the information needed.

Unfortunately with my naivety I didn't make a copy of my appeal as I submitted it straight through Council appeal page and didn't copy text. Can I ask them for a copy of it?
Sorry
stamfordman
QUOTE (StanMN @ Mon, 29 May 2017 - 16:26) *
Unfortunately with my naivety I didn't make a copy of my appeal as I submitted it straight through Council appeal page and didn't copy text. Can I ask them for a copy of it?
Sorry

They may have quoted your challenge in their rejection. If not, just point out anything you said that they did not refer to.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (StanMN @ Mon, 29 May 2017 - 16:26) *
Thank you for the fast respond.
I will try and upload all the information needed.

Sorry

It would help if we see your challenge, this is the first stage of the process, unfortunately there is no statutory time limit for a response at this stage

let us see the PCN and rejection and the council photos

Page 14 of this doc gives hope that they will cancel on production of a ticket, if not they should be tasked to explain why

http://documents.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/download/3038
stamfordman
Yes they cancelled 1,463 owing to valid pay and display ticket (page 15).

But we must bear in mind the recent dreadful treatment of an OP and their Ringgo episode:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...p;mode=threaded
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.