Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Answer from Athena
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Alex.M
Hello.
I was parked in Lidl car park 10 min over the time limit.I went to talk to the manager of the store about it first,showed him shopping receipt from the day on which the penelty was issued but he said he can not do anything about.I sent a letter to Athena.I am wondering what to answer now?Should I tell them I am more then happy to pay them for their 10min loss.There were plenty of empty places in that time in the car park.
Alex
peterguk
QUOTE (Alex.M @ Sat, 20 May 2017 - 21:23) *
I am more then happy to pay them for their 10min loss.

They had no loss, so why pay them?
stamfordman
Did you search here for Athena/Lidl? If so you would have found that Lidl customer services will usually cancel these for you. Go to Lidl's website and email them the details.
SchoolRunMum
Mr Haertnagel is the CEO and in every case on forums, Lidl cancel when complaining customers email him (easy to search the forum for him).
Jlc
10 minutes is grace period - unless signs stated otherwise?
cop a load of this
QUOTE (Jlc @ Sat, 20 May 2017 - 21:54) *
10 minutes is grace period - unless signs stated otherwise?

Just for info Jlc, is that from any COP , please.
freddy1
90% of tickets by athena are from lidl , check out how many tickets issued and how many times they have tried court , http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Athena_ANPR.html

go to lidls website and complain

READ:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/...dl-Supermarkets
Alex.M
Hello.
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your help in particular to "schoolrunmum".
Alex

Re: Parking Charge

Thank you for your email addressed to our CEO. I have been asked to respond to you on his behalf.

As you are probably aware, Lidl UK GmbH is a national retailer. As such, we have stores in locations with limited parking space and in common with many of our competitors, our store car parks are abused to a significant and detrimental extent. We have therefore judged it necessary to take measures so that our stores parking facilities are available first and foremost to our customers.

In order to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are available at all times to our customers, Lidl employs third party contractors to monitor and control our car parks. So far, this service has proved reliable and effective in reducing car park abuse and in freeing up spaces for our customers.

In light of your comments, I have contacted Athena and have requested that this charge be cancelled. Please note, your comments regarding our parking restrictions have been noted and passed to the relevant department.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Customer Services Management

[T] + 44 (0) 370 444 1234 / 0800 977 7766
[E] customer.services@lidl.co.uk
SchoolRunMum
Great news, another one bites the dust!

But we really need to start winning this war rather than battles, one by one. I am frustrated to see how the DCLG and the court systems enable this scumbag industry, so it feels to me that they are more of a threat to people than they ever were when clamping was not illegal.

It's worse now than years ago and I don't think we are winning enough of the overall war or changing enough hearts & minds among anyone with influence.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.