Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CEL overstay in free car park
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
mickR
Little pcn prezzie in post from CEL. Apparently the driver over stayed by 30 mins in Tesco car park after purchasing in store. The driver does not remember seeing any signs and has parked there before.
What's the latest info on dealing with CEL?
SchoolRunMum
Send the usual BPA appeal from MSE (NOT by post) and CEL should fold:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

If not, then the keeper wins at POPLA anyway, using the template POPLA appeal points shown there in post #3.

Do not ignore it. CEL sue people who ignore them (when I say 'sue' I mean they send court claims out, then they fold, when well defended)! But that's hassle you do not need.
mickR
Thanks SRM. I did read they didn't claim pofa but it does on this pcn which im having trouble uploading
mickR
Image is rotated when enlarged.
Gan
It's a much better attempt at POFA compliance

A payment slip is not part of the Parking Notice but a separate document
The old POPLA that adjudicated London council tickets and employed legally qualified assessors would have been familiar with this point

The new POPLA where appeals are assessed by former call centre managers and erotic fiction writers may not
mickR
So still go with SRM's BPA appeal as is ? The pcn makes no mention of threat of court etc. Although im sure she is on the ball with updating.
SchoolRunMum
Yes, just email the appeal as it is, online to wherever the back of the PCN says.

I was aware that CEL had improved their PCN wording this year, as I've seen some from people I've been helping. But the point is either to get a POPLA code or for CEL to cancel, and I've still been seeing them cancel even with this version PCN.
mickR
There is no email address to send appeal to unless I've missed it! The back is blank !

Edit yep I missed it. Right at the bottom but doesn't mention appeals to the addy.
SchoolRunMum
So appeal to wherever it tells you to appeal to, online. Not a random email address on the bottom, you must follow what the PCN says.

Edit, I looked and the small print in the middle does say you can appeal by email (DO NOT do so by post).
mickR
There is no information on how to send email appeal other than
In writing only (by email or post) within 28days to the above address.

There is no above email address, only the one at the bottom of page .. office@ce-service.co.uk.

On their website it says email appeals to .. appeals@ce-service.co.uk

Should I send only to the one on the pcn or both ? Would them discounting an appeal to the email they supply on the pcn be seen as unreasonable?
Gan
In practice it doesn't matter which you use but, if there's an email address on the PCN, why would you think it necessary to use another ?
mickR
Yes very poor instructions.

And here are the signs. Only one at the entrance which is not visible from the direction the driver approaches. The others contain the terms laugh.gif

mickR
SRM's appeal sent.
mickR
And in yesterday's post.....

Thanks SRM your MSE template works well.
SchoolRunMum
Yaay !

As expected - but I had missed this update - it's just as sweet every time CEL and Smart, etc., fold first time. Love to read about it.
mickR
And it was literally just the template letter nothing added.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.