Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN recieved
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Gayle
Hi all,
First post from me so please be kind
biggrin.gif

So visiting the beautiful perranporth last weekend (Sunday 16th April) and parked on the promenade paying £1.00 for parking at 19:16. This gave me parking until 0800 the next morning.

As I shut the car door the coastal wind whipped the ticket upside down! Hadn't noticed.....bummer!

Came out of restaurant and found the PCN beautifully stuck to my windscreen.

Observed at: 20.02
Issued at: 20.13

Reason: 'Not displaying a valid ticket for inspection (ticket face down)'

PAYMENT
The driver is liable to pay the sum of £100 within 28 days of issue. However if payment is received within 14 days of this notice then a reduced amount of £60 is accepted in full and final settlement.

Any advice as to my next move?

Many many thanks
ostell
This would be AS parking then. Search the forum for Perrenporth. There's lot of entries. Some are still running after 3 years!
Jlc
QUOTE (Gayle @ Tue, 25 Apr 2017 - 13:41) *
Any advice as to my next move?

AS will reject any appeal you make. The IAS will agree.

They won't dispute you paid the princely sum of £1 but love their £60/100 'wind' charge. They'll point at the signs saying you agreed to pay this sum for displaying the ticket in such a manner, ker-ching!

Unfortunately, they do like to issue court claims so be prepared for that. If you don't want to pay their ransom (one presumes not as you're here) then you should state that the amount demanded is disproportionate and that Beavis doesn't save them in the circumstances. It is not in doubt that you paid and perhaps you should offer a fair amount (say £15-20) for their admin and inconvenience. After all the predominate purpose of the 'penalty' is to prevent people not paying.

They won't accept it but it makes you more reasonable if the matter progresses to court. At court, there's no guarantee of success for either party but if you lost then a bill somewhere around £200 is possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.