Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: euro car parks pcn
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
think
Hi all

hoping you will be able to help me with this. I think I have made a real mess by delaying and not responding to them within the times. I have tried to read lots but it gets very confusing. I am not familiar with all the terms and legal language and am not aware what might help me. I have spent hours reading several scenarios to no avail hence I am here.

I got parking charge notice for parking in a petrol station in SE1 4AG. It says on letter issued 17/02/17 and letter date 24/02/17 amount of £100. I ignore this and then got notice to keeper while I was away and when I saw it sent an email (copy & paste from forums) on 10/4/17 as follows:

I refer to the above-detailed Parking Charge Notice (“PCN”) issued to me by Euro Car Parks Ltd (“ECP”) as a Notice to Keeper. I confirm that I am the keeper of this vehicle for the purpose of the corresponding definition under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (“POFA”) and I write to formally dispute the validity of this PCN.

You will no doubt be familiar with the strict requirements of Schedule 4 of POFA to be followed in order for a parking operator to be able to claim unpaid parking charges from a vehicle’s keeper. However, there are a number of reasons why ECP’s Notice to Keeper did not comply with POFA; in order that you may understand why, I suggest that you carefully study the details of Schedule 4, Paragraph 9 in particular.

I also note that the signage at the site does not comply with the requirements of the BPA and is insufficient for its intended purpose as per Beavis v Parking Eye.

ECP has now forfeited its right to claim keeper liability and such further pursuance is liable to cause unwarranted and substantial damage and distress to the registered keeper.  Therefore please confirm that you shall now cancel this charge and that my details have been removed from your system as you no longer have any need to hold them. This instruction constitutes a notice of objection to processing under section 10 of the Data Processing Act 1998

I sent the email to customer services to which they replied with this on 12/4/17:
If you wish to appeal please complete the on line appeals form
 cant attach more than one pic
Please be advise that the issued PCN and the NTK comply with POFA

Law of contract applies  - signage is quite clear in its intent

Regards

Customer Services

Please help. Is there anyway out of this pls?
cabbyman
Others will advise on your next move but this is my thrashing of them last year:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=107154
SchoolRunMum
Please help. Is there anyway out of this pls?

Yes. It's only Euro Car Parks! Before POPLA existed I've ignored them myself, as have several of the regulars here.

Their NTK is fairly compliant these days but they don't sue anyone (I doubt the one shown is a parking case, more likely a contractor/supplier dispute):

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Euro_Car_Parks.html

Euro Car Parks are on record as admitting they have no idea about court, and nothing has changed. You will now be at this tedious stage:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

No updates needed about debt collector letters on either forum please, post nothing like 'do I ignore this letter?' if it is from a debt collector...this is nothing.
think
thanks for all replies, but how do I know its more likely a contractor/supplier dispute?
SchoolRunMum
Jeez you are a worrier! Come on, it's only ECP, surely you've Googled and read people laughing about them on forums?

We do know they never sue over parking tickets so clearly the odd one there was something else in small claims.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.