Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speeding ticket question...
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Dolly123
Basically I got caught speeding in Feb by a camera doing 41 in a 30mph on the 4.30am on Sunday 14th Feb 2016 then again at the same speed camera the following Thursday 18th Feb 2016 doing 43mph at a similar time (yes yes i know I'm a wally, i drive past this camera every day on my way to work!)

Now when I received the fixed penalty notice through the post I immediately rang up and paid them both and then sent my licence off to Essex for my points to be put on assuming that they would put all my points on.

Then on the 10th September I noticed £100 had been put into my account from the HM Court Service I had no idea what it was from so did a bit of googling and found out that I should of sent my licence off, then received it back and sent it back to them to put the second lot of points on.

I immediately started to panic and rang them and only to be told that yes I should of sent my licence off twice I asked to be speak to someone straight away to let them know what i had done and they said that I couldn't speak to anyone and that I had to wait and that I would be receiving a court summons.

Its now April 2017 and I've not heard a thing. I checked my driving licence online and I only have 3 points on my licence???

What should I do or I have I slipped through the net?
The Slithy Tove
QUOTE (Dolly123 @ Sat, 8 Apr 2017 - 21:31) *
...I had to wait and that I would be receiving a court summons.

Its now March 2017 and I've not heard a thing. I checked my driving licence online and I only have 3 points on my licence???

What should I do or I have I slipped through the net?

No chance you've slipped through the net. It can take 6 months or so for the wheels to grind.

When you do get the summons, wiser heads than mine can advise how best to handle it so that you don't get fleeced in court.
Dolly123
Its been 14 months since the offence though Slithy?
andy_foster
QUOTE (Dolly123 @ Sat, 8 Apr 2017 - 21:31) *
Now when I received the summons through the post I immediately rang up and paid them both and then sent my licence off to Essex for my points to be put on assuming that they would put all my points on.

Really?

How about you tell us what actually happened?

Dolly123
Huh?? What do you mean what really happened? That is what really happened!!

I got the 2 fixed penalty notices in Feb 2016 (sorry I get confused what they are called) through the post a few days apart I paid them both £100 each over the phone on 2 seperate phone calls then I sent my driving licence off to get the points on and then I receive it back and think nothing of it. Til September when I receive £100 refund in my bank from HM court service.
The Rookie
That is what AF meant, they couldn't have been summons, and you now admit that isn't what happened despite your unrighteous indignation.

As it's now 14 months later it appears your luck was good, but it would be worth checking your licence online against some sort of mistake has happened.
Dolly123
You've completely lost me... what didn't I admit? I just accidentally called in a summons instead of a fixed penalty notice in my op. I have checked my licence online and it just shows 3 points dated from the 2nd offence on the Thursday.
The Rookie
Dear lord, you admitted you'd got it wrong by calling the FP a summons. You can't just pay a £100 fine when you get a summons that is why AF pointed out your account couldn't be true, you then got all righteous over that with your ' Huh' statement before the admission you were the one that had in fact got it wrong.
Dolly123
I just wrongly assumed that with me posting the licence to get the points on they would put all 6 on. Sorry for getting confused. I don make a habit of getting of points on my licence so I was just asking for advice.
The Rookie
Unless you made it clear it was for both offences then no, however it's all rather acedemic as 14months on it's too late for them to start proceedings so unless you've moved since the offences (and missed the summons) it's very unlikely they got around to it.
The Slithy Tove
QUOTE (Dolly123 @ Sat, 8 Apr 2017 - 21:41) *
Its been 14 months since the offence though Slithy?

Oh yes - didn't spot the different year blush.gif
Dolly123
lol im impatient at the best of times but even i would wait 2 months! ha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.