Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN 16 in residents parking zone/bay
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
NandoDave
Hello folks,

Yesterday I parked my car in my street and forgot to display my residents parking permit. A quite simple case of me not taking the time to stick the permit to my windscreen and so have been displaying it each day on the dashboard. I have a fully valid and paid for residents permit for the street.

As a consequence I received a Council PCN. The PCN is for contravention code 16 - "Parked in a permit space without displaying a valid permit". I'm confused as to whether the use of 16 is correct in this case, as there appears to be no clear information as to what constututes a code 16 vs a code 12 (is it purely signage based, or is the wholly residential usage of the street relevant). Also the use of the word 'space' and not zone/bay confuses me.

I wondered if anyone could check the ticket over. If 16 is the correct contravention, they probably have me "bang to rights", though I may try an informal challenge based on having purchased a valid permit from the Council, see if I luck-out and get someone in a good mood to excercise some discretion.

Cheers,
Dave
stamfordman
Council will hopefully cancel if you provide evidence of your permit and this is not an offence you make a habit of.

Councils should not be penalising their own 'customers'.

See if you can find Bristol's enforcement policy.

Incandescent
Whilst we no longer have tax discs, the holders can be used for other things like parking permits !
stamfordman
See this amusing thread:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=110396
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.