Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Right Turn only changes to Left (help)
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
michaelleachman
For as long as I can remember the junction, the end of my mums road has always been a one way street with a right turn only at the end of the junction. Yesterday I left my mums and I noticed a CCTV car pulled over just before the junction, I assumed he was sitting there to capture cars turning into the one way road to cut out the traffic. Later on yesterday evening I noticed a post on Facebook warning people that the right turn only junction has now become a left turn only junction and the CCTV car was sitting there to capture people turning right. I made the mistake yesterday before knowing, to my mistake I didn't look and notice the signs had changed around signs as I have taken this route for well over 10 years now. Would you think there's any chance I can get out of the ticket I'm about to receive from these sneaky rodents. I have attached a Picture which should help with the situation.
andy_foster
Hit the "Report" button and ask a mod to move this to an appropriate forum. If it is a CCTV car, it will be a decriminalised (council) matter - if you were actually caught and processed.
michaelleachman
Thanks, just requested this to be moved
michaelleachman
For as long as I can remember the junction, the end of my mums road has always been a one way street with a right turn only at the end of the junction. Yesterday I left my mums and I noticed a CCTV car pulled over just before the junction, I assumed he was sitting there to capture cars turning into the one way road to cut out the traffic. Later on yesterday evening I noticed a post on Facebook warning people that the right turn only junction has now become a left turn only junction and the CCTV car was sitting there to capture people turning right. I made the mistake yesterday before knowing, to my mistake I didn't look and notice the signs had changed around signs as I have taken this route for well over 10 years now. Would you think there's any chance I can get out of the ticket I'm about to receive from these sneaky rodents. I have attached a Picture which should help with the situation.
stamfordman
When they make a change like this they often issue warnings for a certain period rather than enforce, so you may be OK.
michaelleachman
Thanks, I hope so. I'm not even sure when it changed but it must be very recent. as others have just picked up on it also
baroudeur
QUOTE (michaelleachman @ Thu, 16 Feb 2017 - 16:55) *

If this is Birbeck Road then according to GSV back to 2008 there was never a 'right turn only' or any other sign at the junction with Rush Green Road other than the 'no entry' signs facing Rush Green Road

The 'no right turn' signs in your photo are not on GSV August 2016 so have been installed since then and, owing to the restricted road width, are very obvious together with the left turn arrow on the road surface.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.