Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Road Rage Incident
FightBack Forums > Discussion > The Flame Pit
Demonbaker
Hi. I would like to get your views on an incident that happend to me last Friday afternoon, and what are my best options. To set the scene I'm driving a 1.6ltr diesel Honda civic with my wife sat beside me and my elderly parents in the back all heading to a dinner dance in Cornwall. So I'm on the A30 were it meets the A39 and im heading for Falmouth, as I approach the roundabout i indicate right and get into the right hand lane as indicated by the arrows on the road. I stop at the roundabout to allow traffic past then pull away when the road is clear, but as i'm about to exit the r/about i notice a car that had been on my left is still there and pushing me into a diminishing gap i start to brake to let him through when suddenly the mercedes that was in front of me slams on the brakes in the middle of the road. The female driver then starts hearling abuse at me out of her car window. (no contact was made between my car and hers although the car to my left also nearly hit her). As we pull away again after a few gestures (from her) i notice a herse stopped further up the road, it then clicks that they had been following the herse but had got seperated at the r/about. I had no way of knowing this at the time. When the road was clear I passed the car and the herse (getting more gestures). So did I do anything wrong? and is it worth reporting to the police asnd not dropping my self in it. Also just to add i've been driving for for 35 years have full car and bike licence with 0 points and have never had any point's and would love to keep it that way.

Many thanks demonbaker

https://goo.gl/maps/y9iYvE4nooo
Atomic Tomato
Deleted
andy_foster
QUOTE (Demonbaker @ Sun, 22 Jan 2017 - 15:22) *
So did I do anything wrong?

Don't know. Don't care.
BaggieBoy
Nothing happened, move on.
StuartBu
Hi. I would like to get your views on an incident that happend to me last Friday afternoon, and what are my best options. To set the scene I'm driving a 1.6ltr diesel Honda civic with my wife sat beside me and my elderly parents in the back all heading to a dinner dance in Cornwall. So I'm on the A30 were it meets the A39 and im heading for Falmouth, as I approach the roundabout i indicate right and get into the right hand lane as indicated by the arrows on the road. I stop at the roundabout to allow traffic past then pull away when the road is clear, but as i'm about to exit the r/about i notice a car that had been on my left is still there and pushing me into a diminishing gap i start to brake to let him through when suddenly the mercedes that was in front of me slams on the brakes in the middle of the road. The female driver then starts hearling abuse at me out of her car window. (no contact was made between my car and hers although the car to my left also nearly hit her). As we pull away again after a few gestures (from her) i notice a herse stopped further up the road, it then clicks that they had been following the herse but had got seperated at the r/about. I had no way of knowing this at the time. When the road was clear I passed the car and the herse (getting more gestures). So did I do anything wrong? and is it worth reporting to the police asnd not dropping my self in it. Also just to add i've been driving for for 35 years have full car and bike licence with 0 points and have never had any point's and would love to keep it that way.

Many thanks demonbaker

The first thing you could do is edit your post to get rid of all the dross such as what I have emboldened above ,sort the mispelling then break it up in to paragraphs. This will make it more likely to be read . I did read it but but very nearly didn't when I first saw it .

It is also a bit confusing as to what actually happened and where ....On the roundabout or after you had left it .
As for it being "Road Rage " it sounds nothing like it .
If your exit was hindered by a car in your left and you were unsure what the drivers intentions were I'd have just gone round the roundabout again ...for all the time it would have taken .
Demonbaker
Ok. Sorry for not putting in paragraph's but on my pc it's only about 7 lines of text. Now looking at the post on a tablet and I can see your point. As for the incident I had already exited the roundabout when the car in front just slammed on the brakes. I'll edit the original post later.
The Rookie
Two people get confused at each other's actions, one gets upset, probably happens 500,000 times a day, the are better things to worry about!
southpaw82
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Sun, 22 Jan 2017 - 16:38) *
So did I do anything wrong?

Don't know. Don't care.

+1
Broadsman
Invest in a dashcam.
fedup2

Many thanks demonbaker

Having no points is no indicator that you always drive safe or are a good driver,it just generally means you either dont drive much or havnt yet been caught speeding.I find it hilarious that its now used as some sort of benchmark.How many accidents have you had,thats what really matter isnt it?

Im not sure you can report women for being goby,even if they drive a Mercedes.Deal with it and move on.

QUOTE (Broadsman @ Sun, 22 Jan 2017 - 18:55) *
Invest in a dashcam.

What would that have changed?
southpaw82
QUOTE (fedup2 @ Sun, 22 Jan 2017 - 19:07) *
QUOTE (Broadsman @ Sun, 22 Jan 2017 - 18:55) *
Invest in a dashcam.

What would that have changed?

A funny story with video?
andy_foster
The OP started off by asking what is essentially a dumb random question in an active cases forum. It is dumb because we were being asked to determine whether he had done anything wrong based solely on his account that he was not aware of having done anything wrong. It seems that one or more other road users felt that he had done something wrong, but his account gave no indication as to what that might have been (other than possibly breaking up funeral outing).

If allegations were to subsequently emerge, it would largely be a case of the word(s) of those making the allegations against the word of the OP. If the OP had a dash cam, it would be likely to prove or disprove such allegations, and might well give him the piece of mind that he presumably came here seeking, and which as a matter of policy we do not provide.
southpaw82
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Sun, 22 Jan 2017 - 20:37) *
give him the piece of mind that he presumably came here seeking

ISWYDT
andy_foster
That's what happens when you listen to Iron Maiden when posting.
mickR
icon_hang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.