Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible red light offence?
FightBack Forums > Discussion > The Flame Pit
Liam2694
Hello,

I hope you can help again!

Yesterday I was driving along Pier Road in Gilllingham and approached the traffic lights. I intended to go to Asda, went through the first set of Green lights but realised the following set were red, so I stopped and left enough room for traffic to carry on flowing between myself and the car in front. Eventually the lights turned green, the cars in front set off but I couldn't go anywhere as there were cars going past in front of me. However I couldn't see the lights behind me which were already green about 30 seconds earlier. I waited until I thought it was safe, then carried on but I realised the lights were red as no other cars were following! And to make matters worse, a police Vauxhall Vivaro was waiting at a set of the lights on the left!

Should I be expecting anything in the post or have I been very lucky?

Many thanks!
The Rookie
The offence is crossing the stop line when the lights are red, it sounds like you cleared the stop line before stopping, so after that you could proceed (with care) whenever you wanted.
Logician
QUOTE (Liam2694 @ Sun, 22 Jan 2017 - 08:05) *
And to make matters worse, a police Vauxhall Vivaro was waiting at a set of the lights on the left! Should I be expecting anything in the post or have I been very lucky? Many thanks!

If they were going to make anything of your manoeuvre they would almost certainly have done so at the time, rather than send a NIP by post.

Liam2694
I definitely stopped after the line. After my previous offences I have been on my best behaviour and in this instance was just trying to keep traffic flowing. I did think they would have pulled me over instead of a nip but I'll await 14 days to be sure. It was right in front of a police station so I wouldn't have done anything intentionally!!

Thank you all for swift responses!
Lodesman
That's bad luck, from the safety camera website it looks as though that is the only red light camera in Kent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.