Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flashed in Plymouth - slightly incorrect name on NIP please help
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
endorfin
Hi I've just joined this site.

I've received a NIP from Devon & Cornwall Constabulary stating that I was flashed doing 39mph in a 30mph zone (it was a dual carriageway at 1am!)

I was driving a hire car at the time so the delay in receiving the NIP must have been whilst they tracked me down with the hire company. However they have addressed the letter wrongly, i.e. to L. Jones instead of M. Jones (i.e. correct surname, wrong initial) how does that affect the legality of it, can I deny I was the driver on those grounds?

On that day I was actually in a house full of people so hypothetically any one of those could have 'borrowed' the keys and taken the car for a spin.

I used to live near Plymouth & that stretch of road (& many dual carriageways in & around Plymouth) used to be 40 & 50mph but since putting up speed cameras they've been changed to 30mph....coincidence?....I think not! I was only down for the weekend after an absence of 5 years to find GATSO's had sprouted out of the ground like square headed daffodils in springtime!

Any advice & help appreciated....I have 28 days from the 21th April which is 19th May.
Captain A
Mods - can this thread be locked or removed as it is a duplicate.
Insider
You've started a duplicate thread!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.