Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 36 in a 30
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
hnm26
Hi, this is my first post on here after reading about this site in redline. I was sent a NIP at the end of march for doing 36 in 30 in wrexham. I requested the photographic evidence and sure enough it was my car as clear as day. The thing is i have already sent the NIP back saying i was the driver at the alleged time of speeding. On friday 28 april i got the offer of standard fine thing (£60 + 3 points) but i havn`t sent it back yet. I was just wondering if there was anything i can do or is it too late, should i just send it back or not? Any suggestions would be good.

Thank you.

Kirk.
Barry Scott
QUOTE (hnm26 @ Mon, 1 May 2006 - 22:01) *
Hi, this is my first post on here after reading about this site in redline. I was sent a NIP at the end of march for doing 36 in 30 in wrexham. I requested the photographic evidence and sure enough it was my car as clear as day. The thing is i have already sent the NIP back saying i was the driver at the alleged time of speeding. On friday 28 april i got the offer of standard fine thing (£60 + 3 points) but i havn`t sent it back yet. I was just wondering if there was anything i can do or is it too late, should i just send it back or not? Any suggestions would be good.

Thank you.

Kirk.

I signed my NIP and sent it off........

But i'm now contesting it in court, 2nd apperance tomorrow!

From what i can gather on here it's never too late!
hnm26
What happens if you lose though isn`t it cheaper just to get a £60 fine instead? What are the chance of winning?
andy_foster
For 36 in a 30, if convicted by a court, you'd probably still get 3 poinrts and a £60 fine - but would have costs awarded on top.

If you fight and win, you get no points - that is why most people that fight do so.

I'd rate your chances as 50:50.
How much do youvalue your licence?
Ocelot
In addition to the £60 and 3 points, there is also the likely insurance premium hike if you pay up, which could amount to several times that amount over five years. Might be worth contesting?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.