Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN single yellow on Boxing Day(26-Dec Monday) Wembley Hill Road - Holiday
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
lullaby
Hello experts.

New to this forum, but was told this is the best place to find for advice on challenging my PCN.

Basically I got a PCN for parking on a single yellow line on a Boxing Day(26 Dec - Monday) in Wembley hill Road (EV) in Wembley. I don't locally live in wembley, but my general understanding is single yellow line is free to park in holidays like (boxing day). The yellow sign said "Mon - Sat 8am - 6:30pm On Event Days 9am - Midnight".
There is no special mention of "Exlcuding bank holidays" or "Including bank holidays" etc

This was not an Event Day. Is there anything i can challange this PCN on ? I am on day 10 of 14 of the discount period. ? Or shall i pay up in next 3 days

attached below are all the details , including location link, front and back page of PCN
Street: Wembley Hill Road (EV)
Contravention: 01
Parked in arestricted street during prescribed hours.
Date of contravention: 26/12/2016
time : 15:15

Google link to location : Google PCN location

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m0!3m2!1sen!2suk!4v1483547576738!6m8!1m7!1sel6VSHAQbvXXoNTG-WNkgQ!2m2!1d51.55799796505302!2d-0.288505897046349!3f253.96604498476424!4f-15.007819067700481!5f0.7820865974627469" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Many thanks
generaldbody
Sorry no - Mon-Sat means "Mon-Sat including Public Holidays" sad.gif

The only chances you have if is someone can read through the ticket and see anything wrong in the wording etc. or the road arkings/signage are wrong. To examine the latter can you provide a Google Street View link of the exact parking location so we can get an idea of the surroundings please?

Ta
GDB
Incandescent
+1

We see a lot of people who seem to think Bank Holidays mean they are exempt from parking restrictions. They aren't !

I have to say you look to be bang-to-rights and should consider paying the discount, unless the signs are missing or defective in some way, but even if they are, you'd have to go to adjudication and risk the full PCN penalty of £130. Best to put this down as a learning opportunity.
lullaby
QUOTE (generaldbody @ Wed, 4 Jan 2017 - 18:02) *

The only chances you have if is someone can read through the ticket and see anything wrong in the wording etc. or the road arkings/signage are wrong. To examine the latter can you provide a Google Street View link of the exact parking location so we can get an idea of the surroundings please?

Ta
GDB

Here you go : google map location link Exact Location Google maps Link
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5579451,-...3312!8i6656

Many thanks

generaldbody
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Wed, 4 Jan 2017 - 20:02) *
+1

We see a lot of people who seem to think Bank Holidays mean they are exempt from parking restrictions. They aren't !

I have to say you look to be bang-to-rights and should consider paying the discount, unless the signs are missing or defective in some way, but even if they are, you'd have to go to adjudication and risk the full PCN penalty of £130. Best to put this down as a learning opportunity.

QUOTE (lullaby @ Thu, 5 Jan 2017 - 10:04) *
QUOTE (generaldbody @ Wed, 4 Jan 2017 - 18:02) *

Ta
GDB

Here you go : google map location link Exact Location Google maps Link
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5579451,-...3312!8i6656

Many thanks

Again sorry- nothing obviously wrong with the markings.

I agree with Incandescent - pay the discount while it's still available.

GDB
williambelow
I had exactly the same issue - same ticket, same road, same day.
I challenged the PCN, on the basis that the zone I was in was "EV" and that there is nothing on the Barnet website which states that "EV" applies on a bank holiday.
This is what I wrote:

I am writing to challenge the PCN No: BT80426495 on the following grounds:

- As your Enforcement Officer’s photographs show, the vehicle was parked on a single yellow line outside no. 119 Wembley Hill Road, directly next to a sign which stated the restrictions, those being: “Mon – Sat 8am-6.30pm and On Event days, 8am to Midnight”.
- The day in question was Tuesday 27th December, a Bank Holiday.
- The attached picture shows the entry signs to Wembley Hill Road, as well as the approximate location my vehicle was parked and the relevant parking zones. The attached map (which is copied from Brent’s own CPZ map) also shows the relevant CPZ’s and the location my vehicle was parked. As is clear from these, my vehicle was parked approximately 50 yards beyond the entry signs to Wembley Hill Road, almost directly opposite Hillcroft Crescent – and was clearly OUTSIDE the W parking Zone.
- The signs at the entrance to Wembley Hill Road (which I was parked beyond) states quite clearly that Zone W ends and Zone EV continues – so my vehicle was parked in the EV zone.
- The day was not an Event Day – this is verifiable from Wembley Stadium website (see: www.wembleystadium.com/Events - link provided from the Barnet parking website). There were also no signs up in the area suggesting that this was an event day. Therefore the EV (Event Day) restrictions did not apply at the time.
- I therefore move on to address the relevant Bank Holiday parking restrictions.
- Barnet’s website states quite clearly how parking restrictions are applied on Bank Holidays – see (https://www.brent.gov.uk/services-for-residents/parking/controlled-parking-zones-and-street-parking-restrictions/parking-restrictions-and-services-on-a-bank-holiday/).
- The aforementioned webpage states quite clearly the list of areas where parking restrictions still apply on bank holidays, those being the following Zones: E, KG, KM, KR, KQ, T and W.
- My vehicle was NOT parked in a zone which is included in this list of areas where parking restrictions still apply on bank holidays – so no parking restrictions applied at the time.
- Therefore, it follows that no contravention occurred and the ticket should be cancelled.

I received a reply today - attached - rejecting my challenge (which is, by the way, entirely non-sensical - but that's a whole other issue). I would be interested in any views on whether it is worth pursuing and whether I am remotely correct (sounds not from messages above)....
thanks in advance.
stamfordman
Yes but the CPZ controls the yellow lines. These still apply. The link you posted is about controls in residents bays - I think you would have been OK in a bay in zone EV.

I agree it's not very clear but on the right they do say:

List of restrictions that still apply on a bank holiday

Yellow lines
Bus stops
Footway parking
Zigzag lines
Parking across a dropped footway
Double parking
Car Club bays
Dedicated disabled permit holder bays
Disabled badge holder bays
Suspended bays
Cycle ways

williambelow
ok - thanks very much for your response - very helpful to understand it now. next time I will be more careful!!!
lullaby
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Wed, 4 Jan 2017 - 20:02) *
+1

Paid dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.