Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CPMS + DRP
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Avengers
Hi all,
I received a debt recovery through the post from DRP just before Christmas.

The creditor is Car Park Management Services ltd. This is related to a parking charge notice that was attached three months ago (01 Oct) on to my privately leased vehicle

The vehicle was parked in a privately owned carpark and the reason for the PCN was "car not parked in a marked bay".

Since the incident, I received a letter from my leasing company (dated 11 Nov) which includes a NTK stating the parking charge details.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

A few days later, I received a NTH from CPMS (dated 15 Nov).
Click to view attachment

The most recent correspondence is the debt recovery letter from DRP. Notice the bit about Supreme Court decision.
Click to view attachment

I have been reading up on the forums (MSE, pepipoo) regarding PCNs. So far, I have ignore the letters that I've received in relation to the parking charge. Do I continue to ignore these letters?

Thanks in advance.

nosferatu1001
Given you've ignored until now, ignoring drp is easy enough.
ostell
Did they actually include all the paperwork with the NTH? It certainly isn't a valid NTK to be able to hold the keeper liable. You may care to check the timing from the alleged event to the date you received it. The numbers are in POFA.
Avengers
QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Mon, 2 Jan 2017 - 00:34) *
Given you've ignored until now, ignoring drp is easy enough.

Thank you nosferatu101
Avengers
QUOTE (ostell @ Mon, 2 Jan 2017 - 08:12) *
Did they actually include all the paperwork with the NTH? It certainly isn't a valid NTK to be able to hold the keeper liable. You may care to check the timing from the alleged event to the date you received it. The numbers are in POFA.

What do you mean "all the paper work with the NTH"? There is a 2nd page for the NTH mentioning mode of payment, appeals, complaints, Registered Keeper details and Data Processing.

There is also a page 4 for NTK. I can't seem to upload the image. It contains driver's declaration and statement of truth sections.

I received a letter from my leasing company (dated 11 Nov) which includes a NTK stating the parking charge details after more than 30 days of the incident.
ostell
As a notice to hirer then with the notice from the PPC there has to be copies, supplied by the hire company, of portions of the hire agreement. This is defined by POFA. Without them there is no compliance and therefore no keeper liability. A lot of PPC's get this wrong and therefore can't invoke keeper liability. Looks like they must have got this bit right this time.

Edit: re-reading your post it looks like the docs may not be there, just a standard form to declare the driver details.

There is a time limit for you to receive the NTK. It is all defined in POFA. So is the 1st October to when you your received the NTH. The PPC have up to 56 days to send the notice to the lease company, the lease company have a certain amount of time to respond and the the PPC have a time limit to send you your very own notice to keeper. The timing of the letter from the lease company doesn't count.

You will find the details here. Check them out. Start at paragraph 8 as there was a notice to driver on the windscreen.
Avengers
Received this today.

Click to view attachment
Note the highlighted. Continue to ignore?
nosferatu1001
Yawn. DRP. Ignore DRP. Ignore their fake Zenith company as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.