Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN by Harrow council Headstone Gardens
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Pavy
Hi all

Looking for some help again, this time PCN for stopping on a bus stop at mid night

Have attached the PCN with this.. I didn't go there again to see if the signage was correct

I was returning home from cinema and found this shop open at that time to buy Milk, yes its only
to buy milk without knowing the restriction

Is there anything I can say in my defence.

Thanks in advance
PASTMYBEST
Get the video
Pavy
Should I write to them asking for a video? if I do this now in festive season will I get reply from them without loosing the discount period
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (Pavy @ Thu, 22 Dec 2016 - 15:31) *
Should I write to them asking for a video? if I do this now in festive season will I get reply from them without loosing the discount period

Wouldn't bet on it but what can you ascertain from that photo try looking online for video or stills
stamfordman
Harrow doesn't put its CCTV online and wants £10 for to mail it but you can go to their offices for free. You should be able to get them to waive the fee too.

Images should be online. See:

http://www.harrow.gov.uk/info/200072/parki...ffic_violations
Pavy
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Thu, 22 Dec 2016 - 15:38) *
Harrow doesn't put its CCTV online and wants £10 for to mail it but you can go to their offices for free. You should be able to get them to waive the fee too.

Images should be online. See:

http://www.harrow.gov.uk/info/200072/parki...ffic_violations

Are they open tomorrow? how do we really waive the fee if we accept its our fault.

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Thu, 22 Dec 2016 - 15:34) *
QUOTE (Pavy @ Thu, 22 Dec 2016 - 15:31) *

Wouldn't bet on it but what can you ascertain from that photo try looking online for video or stills

Sorry this might be dumb question but the picture in the PCN has my car registration number so what am I asking more ?
stamfordman
Login and see what images are there first.
PASTMYBEST
I'm guessing here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5924877,-...3312!8i6656

either end of the no stopping (bus stand) restriction is a single yellow line. Now if you know you were in the bus stand, pay the discount. If not, how can you tell from that photo
Pavy
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Thu, 22 Dec 2016 - 16:44) *
I'm guessing here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5924877,-...3312!8i6656

either end of the no stopping (bus stand) restriction is a single yellow line. Now if you know you were in the bus stand, pay the discount. If not, how can you tell from that photo

This is exactly where we stopped, any sign board to say no stopping? as it was late night around 11.40 we wouldn't have noticed the bus stop or CCTV. gutted to pay £55 for a can of milk.
Do we stand any chance?
Pavy
Is the PCN worded right and also signage non-compliant
Pavy
when possible please can someone confirm office address where we can go and view the CCTV footage as the one on their website is a post
box address
stamfordman
Have you looked at the pictures.
Pavy
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Fri, 23 Dec 2016 - 11:49) *
Have you looked at the pictures.

Yes, pictures clearly show my car parked there for nearly 5 minutes between 23.39-23.44pm
I have now got the appointment to view cctv video on 28th December, the person whom I spoke to went on detailing the incidents like getting down and buying stuff from that shop!

Where do I stand with this pcn? £55 in festive season is disappointing

PASTMYBEST
Yes, pictures clearly show my car parked there for nearly 5 minutes between 23.39-23.44pm

parked where? SYL or broad yellow line?
Pavy
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Fri, 23 Dec 2016 - 15:28) *

parked where? SYL or broad yellow line?

In front of Harrow supermarket, just before the wording Bus stop!
stamfordman
I think you are best paying the discount - you can post the pics if you want us to double check. The video isn't going to help.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Fri, 23 Dec 2016 - 21:50) *
I think you are best paying the discount - you can post the pics if you want us to double check. The video isn't going to help.

+1
Pavy
Just been to civic centre and saw the cctv footage. Unfortunately it's very clear we parked our car just on bus stop for 5 minutes midnight. we tried asking for waiver but the person who showed us clearly said the rules are strict around bus stops and can't do anything!
stamfordman
Consolation is that all of us have done something like this at some time. Hopefully you won't get another PCN for a long time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.