Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speeding - unsure where I stand
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Chancer1980
Hi All,

Hoping you can help; caught near humberside on dual carriageway doing 48 in 40.

I sent back the original document requesting I would like to attend speed awareness course. That was until I found out the cost is the same as they fine!!

I didn't hear anything for a while until I got a letter saying I had not returned my conditional offer?

After contacting humberside enforcement they have just emailed me with the conditional offer.

The offence was 4th of August.

Do I have anyway out of this??
Kickaha
On the info you have given you have no way out.

Although the cost of the course is the same as the fine it does avoid the points, which may or may not be important to you.
Logician
You are fortunate that the offer is still on the table and it would be unwise not to accept it.
The Rookie
You seem to think the late delivery of the fixed penalty offer is somewhow a get out (?), it's not, they don't have to offer one at all and could go straight to summons, they still have 7 weeks before they have to start court proceedings.
Jlc
QUOTE (Chancer1980 @ Sat, 17 Dec 2016 - 22:59) *
Do I have anyway out of this??

Depends on what you mean by 'out'. Given it's extremely likely that the matter will revert to court then absent any defence then the fixed penalty should be accepted to avoid a prosecution.

At court it will be at least twice as expensive but still only 3 points.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.