Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you check if you have been caught
FightBack Forums > Discussion > The Flame Pit
bennettp23
Hi,

Is it possible to check if you have been caught speeding by a van (Cheshire) and the NIP has been lost in the post? Can you call them up to see? I went past one over two weeks ago and could have been speeding but no NIP. I would prefer to know and deal with the matter rather than wait for a summons (post can be a little sporadic where I am). V5 is registered to me and correct address.

Thanks.
fedup2
If the car registered to you then its done with.
Logician
Despite the significant number of people who post here and say they never received the original NIP they have now received a s.172 charge for, items getting lost in the post are actually quite rare, and if you have not heard anything there is a high probability that you have not been caught speeding. Nevertheless there is nothing to stop you asking if you want to, but will that reassure you or will you worry they did not check properly or it was a different county or something else?
andy_foster
You have posted in an active cases forum to ask whether you can ask the CTO if you have an outstanding NIP? Personally I would have thought that you would be better off just asking the CTO.
bennettp23
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Thu, 15 Dec 2016 - 15:06) *
You have posted in an active cases forum to ask whether you can ask the CTO if you have an outstanding NIP? Personally I would have thought that you would be better off just asking the CTO.

I assume you mean Cheshire Traffic Office?? How do I contact them?
andy_foster
Central Ticket Office.
GIYF
bennettp23
I had googled but could not find the information, indeed I still cannot find the Cheshire CTO phone number.
southpaw82
01244 350000 - that's the switchboard (number available on their website). Ask for the central ticket office.
bennettp23
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Thu, 15 Dec 2016 - 15:42) *
01244 350000 - that's the switchboard (number available on their website). Ask for the central ticket office.

Thanks!
bennettp23
Talked to the CTO. They won't do a check. If something happens with the post it's tough, not their problem.

Typical one sided attitude that really helps the public persona.
Jlc
Maybe, but they don't have to tell you.

If they do post a NIP then the presumption is that it arrived unless you can rebut it. (But there's potentially ways to minimise impact if it goes to court later on)

You'll have to sit tight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.