Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN NEWHAM COUNCIL
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Shan84
Hi everyone.
This is my first ever post so please excuse if I don't get it right the first time.
I need some advice on how to challenge a recent PCN
I will include all photos. I was parked in a parking bay but my back wheel was just over a single yellow line. I am unaware of any controlled zone on the street in question and no signage stating no parking on single yellow lines. The ticket was placed on my window I must also include if it makes any difference the yellow line was complete. It was broken due to wear and tear as I've heard it needs go be a complete yellow line no gaps in between not sure if this is true.
Any help or templates I can use to make representations would be highly appreciated

The ticket
Back
The street
The street no signage about controlled zone

Google link. Hope it works. Lol
Maybury Rd

https://goo.gl/maps/eTiQWJmpwau

Sorry the sign

The last picture from across the road to show the signs. I was within the time limits at the time the ticket was issued
PASTMYBEST
We need the PCN and council photos. leave in all dates times and location. Redact PCN number and VRM
Shan84
Not sure how to upload the pictures. I went to upload attachments uploaded but can not see the pictures on my post.
John U.K.
QUOTE (Shan84 @ Tue, 13 Dec 2016 - 10:13) *
Not sure how to upload the pictures. I went to upload attachments uploaded but can not see the pictures on my post.

Try this:
As usual, for best advice please post up PCN (both sides)

Do not attach docs/photos, but use this method:
Photo or scan. see http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858&st=0
for how to do it. I use Tinypic for stage 2 with no problems.
STAGE 1 takes care of resizing. If you use Tinypic for Stage 2, on the left each image in Tinypic is a list of links. Highlight and copy the entire link 'for forums' from the list for each image - beginning with IMG and ending /IMG (include all the square brackets [] }, and paste each link into your post. Each copied and pasted link will embed a thumbnail link in your post.

Using the attachment method is not advised as it means quickly running out of attachment space.
Redact/obscure personal details, PCN no. Reg No.

Also post up a GSV (Google Street View) link to the location.
LEAVE IN all dates/times; precise location, Contravention code and description.
Shan84
[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/jgjguf.jpg[/IMG
John U.K.
QUOTE (Shan84 @ Tue, 13 Dec 2016 - 10:40) *
[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/jgjguf.jpg[/IMG

You forgot the closing bracket ] at the end! Please add the back and Google link.

Shan84
I think that's it. Thank you john UK most helpful.
Shan84
Any advice would be great
John U.K.
QUOTE (Shan84 @ Tue, 13 Dec 2016 - 10:55) *
I think that's it. Thank you john UK most helpful.

I see all the material now in post #1.

Two things you must do:
1) Find the official photos on Newham's website and post here.
They will be critical in showing the amount of your encroachment on the SYL.
2) Find the map of the CPZ you were in, and trace your route into it. You should have passed CPZ signs at the point you entered it.

As long as you challenge within 14days, the discount should be re-offered. On no account miss that deadline.
Incandescent
The PCN has been issued because your car was partly over the single yellow line. If your back wheel was over the line, you are in contravention, and it will be difficult to appeal. The yellow line should have alerted you that there is a parking restriction. There is no sign for the yellow line restriction, but this street may be in a CPZ and the signs for these are at the entrances to the zone. So you need to (1) find out if it is in a Newham CPZ, and (2) what the restrictions are. CPZ restrictions apply to the single yellow lines only, not parking bays or double yellows.

Post council photos please, if any.
Shan84
Thank you so much I am looking into the zones now. The councils pictures. Do you mean the pictures of my car taken by the parking attendent? And lastly what if the yellow line is not complete. The picture shows just a part of the yellow line but it goes all around to the other side of the road within that there are many breaks in the line would like make the line void?
Shan84

This is the zone although it's called something else not cpz i am sure it's the same. I am within that zone.
I donto believe there is photos on the councils behalf. No mention on Web page.
Incandescent
QUOTE (Shan84 @ Tue, 13 Dec 2016 - 13:00) *
Thank you so much I am looking into the zones now. The councils pictures. Do you mean the pictures of my car taken by the parking attendent? And lastly what if the yellow line is not complete. The picture shows just a part of the yellow line but it goes all around to the other side of the road within that there are many breaks in the line would like make the line void?

Yes, post up pics of your car taken by the CEO, if available.

Yellow lines do not have to be perfectly maintained provided the restriction is clearly conveyed, and looking at your photos this is so. No mileage in appealing on yellow line maintenance. However, you could appeal on de minimis, but until we can see how far you were into the yellow line, it's impossible to say if this is a runner or not. Bear in mind that councils always reject appeals based on de minimis, as they get to keep your money if you pay-up, so you'd have to go to adjudication and risk the full PCN amount not the discount.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.