Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How long does it take for NIP to arrive?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Meld
Hi all
I have only been driving for 9 months, so really want to avoid getting any points- 6 points and you lose your license for new drivers !
I was driving on the motorway for the first time last Friday- a week ago today.. and there were a couple of specs speed check zones..... 40mph zones, due to roadworks apparently, ( although there were no roadworks and no roadworkers either, but anyway ) ............ i know that these specs cameras work out your average speed between cameras... so if I was doing 50mph at one camera and 30-35 at the next camera, would I be OK? I got distracted... nervous first time out on the motorway and all that.... I consider myself a sensible driver.. am 33, had my two kids in the car.... traffic was quiet.
Are the specs cameras trained on all three lanes ? I assume so ? If they had caught me, would I have had an NIP by now ? When do they normally arrive ?
Thanks
Melissa
Maths For Fun And Insight
QUOTE (Meld @ Fri, 28 Apr 2006 - 12:55) *
I was driving on the motorway for the first time last Friday- a week ago today

You've got another week to sweat it out - NIP must be served within 14 days of offence.

If one does arrive, please come back and give us details per FAQ.

if I was doing 50mph at one camera and 30-35 at the next camera, would I be OK?

Unfortunately, it's not possible to say - but it would certainly have helped.
Rallyman72
Which bit of motorway was this on - M1, M11?

as said you have another week to wait before a small sigh of relief can be allowed.
andy_foster
QUOTE (Meld @ Fri, 28 Apr 2006 - 12:55) *
i know that these specs cameras work out your average speed between cameras... so if I was doing 50mph at one camera and 30-35 at the next camera, would I be OK?

Average speed is distance / time, not (speed#1 + speed#2) / 2
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (Meld)
due to roadworks apparently, ( although there were no roadworks and no roadworkers either,

If the road works were complete[*], that is not a prescribed use of temporary limits. There was a big stushie about this in Luton a couple of years back.
[*]If they are not complete, but the work is just suspended, that is prescribed, as long as there is still anobstruction (IIRC) on the road.

QUOTE (Meld)
Are the specs cameras trained on all three lanes ?

Depends what you mean. One camera can only look at one lane; it is not always obvious what lane is being looked at, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.