Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tbars and single yellow lines
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
DunkinDiver
Hi

I have received several tickets on the single yellow line outside my home, which has restriction for a couple of hours each weekday.

The single yellow line is unbroken for a couple of hundred metres and then it changes to a double yellow line. At the point where the single yellow changes to a double yellow, there is no T bar.

Do I have a case for appeal?

Many thanks
Wayne Pendle
QUOTE (DunkinDiver @ Fri, 28 Apr 2006 - 09:31) *
Hi

I have received several tickets on the single yellow line outside my home, which has restriction for a couple of hours each weekday.

The single yellow line is unbroken for a couple of hundred metres and then it changes to a double yellow line. At the point where the single yellow changes to a double yellow, there is no T bar.

Many thanks

Could you post a photo of the join between the two? There should be a transverse line marking the join, if not then yes, you have grounds for appeal.
DunkinDiver
QUOTE (Wayne Pendle @ Fri, 28 Apr 2006 - 11:31) *
QUOTE (DunkinDiver @ Fri, 28 Apr 2006 - 09:31) *

Hi

Many thanks

Could you post a photo of the join between the two? There should be a transverse line marking the join, if not then yes, you have grounds for appeal.

Please see attached photos,
photo 1 'break' shows where road works have been carried out and the line not repainted.

Photos 2 & 3 clearly show no T-bar where the Single yellow line meets the double yellow line, and in fact there are several instances of this within 20 metres.

The council have replied to my first letter stating that the lack of a T-bar only invalidates the double yellow and that the single yellow is still enforceable, Ist this true?
DW190
The council have replied to my first letter stating that the lack of a T-bar only invalidates the double yellow and that the single yellow is still enforceable, Ist this true?

If you give me £30 a time, I'll tell you that Black is White & White is Black

They're only after your hard earned money.
peterb
Where are you ??
The road looks very quiet & you have parking attendants patrolling !!??

If you think you have grounds- 1st APPEAL, 2nd APPEAL, 3rd APPEAL !!

And don't expect to win it on your 1st appeal, they'll always try it on.

They don't want to cave in & possibly admit their ticket is not lawful
or Lines/Signs are invalid.

peterb

Ps: Had Bus Lane ticket from local council in London.
When I received Notice to Owner, sent reply saying "Ticket was clearly invalid".
I didn't explain any further to them.

Council did even bother to reply to me.
Then again my council has a terrible record of not contesting tickets that go
to Traffic Appeals Service.

peterb
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.