Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN for stopping on my road.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
onefreeinternet
Hey team - hoping to get this ticket quashed for the following reasons:

- I live on a high-street, above a florist, with the entrance to my house down 'X' Avenue - the only house on both roads to my knowledge without designated parking.
- Being Havering, there is a restriction down X Avenue between 8am-9:30am - I imagine to stop commuters parking for free before catching the train into central.

My contravention occurred when I was parked down this road to bring the shopping up to the house - around 2 or 3 minutes I'd say. Now clearly these scallywags were waiting to pounce in that small window - hopping it before I came back. The one saving grace I might be able to cling to in this circumstance however (because, lets face it - despite LIVING there, I wasn't meant to be parked at that time... although that stupid rule does nothing for the road, which is full again at 9:31am.... Anyway. That potential get-outta-jail-free card is possibly the observed time, no?

- In his rush to dish out a PCN in the two minutes I was in the house, the observed time reads <1 minute, attached:

Any help guys would be much appreciated.
PASTMYBEST
Your saving grace is the unloading shopping. but the onus is on you to prove that was the case, that it was necessary to park there to unload.(heavy bags etc that it was only unloading,
you cannot wait there whilst putting the shopping away making a cuppa etc

keep your receipts they can be used as evidence of the shopping

Go online and get the council photos
onefreeinternet
Thanks man, I've had a look at the Havering PCN request portal, but it's asking for a Web Code I can't seem to find on the PCN:

PASTMYBEST
Try this one

https://parking.havering.gov.uk/Pages/Onlin...adtype=INFORMAL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.