Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: City of Westminster PCN:21G Suspended Parking Bay
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Jonezi653
Hello,

Thank you for reading my post. I am looking for help regarding what I see as an unfair PCN. I parked in the same motorcycle parking bay that I park in every morning only to return to a £65 ticket - so expensive considering is only £100 to pay for parking for a whole year!

I have so far challenged this ticket twice asking for photo evidence that the suspended parking bay notice was in place 7 days prior to the date of suspension. Westminster have provided photo evidence and say that the penalty stands as the notice was made public 5 days prior to the suspension which they deem to be within the required time frame.

I was told by the traffic warden that I can challenge the PCN 3 times therefore I have one more shot at this. I always pay my parking and so find it very annoying that I failed to see the yellow sign on the lamp post. I feel that the lesson is learnt and I could be let off for being an honest return customer.

Please help - if you have a response I can forward or if the council are in breach of regulation please respond to this post. Likewise if you feel it it a lost cause please say.

I have attached all correspondence from the council.

Thanks

Rob
Mad Mick V
Have a read through this one which is drain cleaning in motorcycle bays:-

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry1230941

They have used the same sign which is not authorised.

Depends if you want to go to adjudication for the full £130 although this Council haven't appeared there AFAIK with a signage case of this nature.

Mick
John U.K.
I was told by the traffic warden that I can challenge the PCN 3 times therefore I have one more shot at this

Up to a point, Lord Cropper!

There are three stages in the enforcement process as far as challenging a PCN affixed to a vehicle are concerned -
1)Make a challenge within 14 days and the discount will normally be re-offered if challenge rejected. A challenge made within the 28day period must still be considered but the Council may re-offer the discount in event of rejection.

2) Make formal representations in response to the NtO (Notice to Owner) within 28days. If rejected, a council may re-offer the discount to tempt paying-up, and must offer the opportunity to

3) Appeal to the Adjudicator. If appeal unsuccessful, the full penalty is normally payable.

If the deadline for responding (with payment or reps) to the NtO is missed, the penalty increases by 50%, and if that ignored, things get nasty.

Additional challenges/reps can be submitted at the appropriate stage of the process, but Councils often decline to respond to them.

------------------
However, WEstminster have been remarkably and unusually prompt in replying to your correspondence. I leave it to the experts here to comment on their replies, but they need to see the PCN (both sides) and copies of what you wrote to them. You may wish to redact the letters you have posted to remove PCN No. REg.Mark and your address.

Do not attach docs/photos, but use this method:
Photo or scan. see http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858&st=0
for how to do it. I use Tinypic for stage 2 with no problems.
STAGE 1 takes care of resizing. If you use Tinypic for Stage 2, on the left each image in Tinypic is a list of links. Highlight and copy the entire link 'for forums' from the list for each image - beginning with IMG and ending /IMG (include all the square brackets [] }, and paste each link into your post. Each copied and pasted link will embed a thumbnail link in your post.

Using the attachment method is not advised as it means quickly running out of attachment space.
Redact/obscure personal details, PCN no. Reg No.

Also post up a GSV (Google Street View) link to the location.
[u]LEAVE I[/u]N all dates/times; precise location, Contravention code and description.
hcandersen
You posted 'the same parking bay that I park in every morning'.

So, what's your argument, that the sign wasn't there on 17th or 18th or 19th....? Let's say that it was only put up on 23rd, then why did you not see it then as you park every day, you would still have been on notice for 24th.

It appears you missed it, pure and simple. It happens.

Your line doesn't hang together and I would not risk money on going to adj with it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.