Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Eye - Entered Incorrect Registration Number
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
chopper_harris
Good morning

I am writing this on behalf of my father-in-law, hoping to gain some insight in how to fight a case against parking eye, incurred at the DW Stadium sports center car park in Wigan on 16 September 2016.

My F-i-L is 86, still in good health and driving occasionally - he has received this PCN, and is getting extremely agitated about the cost and the aggressive nature of the pursual by Parking Eye.

He parked at the DW Stadium sports center car park in Wigan, where phlebotomy sessions are held on behalf of Wigan and Leigh NHS.

I have attached the ticket and original PCN - unfortunately he entered one extra digit S1766 JCK, instead of S176 JCK.

It surprises me that the software in the terminal allows this sort of error.

He paid the required charge, so there is no loss of earnings by the parking provider or DW Stadium.

His grandson wrote an initial appear letter to PE (Letter 2), but they dismissed this (Letter 3)

I am unclear if we can fight this ticket, or what the next steps are. My F-i-L is constantly stressed about this matter, and any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jlc
It's appalling but if they cancel the ticket they definitely won't be getting paid. By rejecting it then all the effort passes to the motorist for them to simply not contest. After all, there's a chance the appellant will pay to avoid the 'stress'.

However, POPLA may well side with the operator and simply state that the appellant did not enter the registration correctly and therefore the terms were broken and the charge is payable. They can't or won't consider 'mitigating' circumstances.

They can clearly match the stay with the payment and there have been court cases where the Judge has also agreed that their system is flawed but they're in it for the money. If the system only allowed valid number plates then their income would go down...

Has the stadium been contacted to interject? They may well in these circumstances - contacting them earlier rather than later is best.
Lynnzer
I'm off out now but someone will put a good letter up for you or tell you where to begin.
In the meantime here's the result of a similar case.

I'd argue that the key must have been sticky to produce a double 6.
Jlc
QUOTE (Lynnzer @ Mon, 14 Nov 2016 - 11:33) *
I'd argue that the key must have been sticky to produce a double 6.

It's clear the driver didn't deliberately enter double 6 and this could indicate an issue with the machine but I suspect they'll say no-one else had issues.
chopper_harris
Well I didn't receive any additional feedback or assistance, so I have opened a POPLA case.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
SchoolRunMum
Hang on...you don't mean you have actually sent a POPLA appeal without showing us the draft first? I hope not. You can't add more now. Oh dear.

Gan
What was the rush ?

The code doesn't officially expire until 1st December and in practice almost a week after that
nosferatu1001
Well we were expecting you to post a POPLA appeal here, first. As your research - five minutes on here - would have shown you is the norm.

So by "opened a POPLA csae" what do you mean? YOu appealed? If so - what was your appeal?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.