Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foreign License Given NIP
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Zwypl
Hi,

Someone asked me that he has a foreign license (middle eastern) and lives here (UK) for some time. He got a flash then a NIP, what can they do to him , he is ready to admit and pay the £100, can they do anything else on his foreign license?

As well, where can I see the legislation of using a foreign license in the UK, what is the time limit?

Regards,
Pete D
Is it an EU license. A non EU license may only be valid for 12 months.
DVLA will create a Ghost UK licence and the points placed on that licence. Pete D
andy_foster
Are you running some kind of motorists legal advice service, and outsourcing everything to us?
Zwypl
QUOTE (Pete D @ Mon, 7 Nov 2016 - 12:57) *
DVLA will create a Ghost UK licence and the points placed on that licence. Pete D

It is a Hungarian license.
peterguk
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Mon, 7 Nov 2016 - 12:58) *
Are you running some kind of motorists legal advice service, and outsourcing everything to us?

Maybe OP has the only computer in Stoke Newington?
Zwypl

For some reason, quite a few people ask me advice, I never charged a penny.

I appreciate the help in the forum.

Thanks.
peterguk
QUOTE (Zwypl @ Mon, 7 Nov 2016 - 13:20) *

So in the EU.

So answer is as above. DVLA can't endorse his Hungarian DL, but will create a ghost UK licence. 12 points and he faces a totting ban in the UK.
andy_foster
QUOTE (Zwypl @ Mon, 7 Nov 2016 - 12:39) *
Someone asked me that he has a foreign license (middle eastern)

So, rather than asking the foreigner with a middle eastern Hungarian license (sic) to tell us the facts first hand, you 'help' by giving you incorrect version of half of the story?
Slapdash
How was the Hungarian licence obtained ? If was obtained via swapping a licence for it then that Hungarian licence is only valid for 12 months in the UK.
Zwypl
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Mon, 7 Nov 2016 - 13:32) *
QUOTE (Zwypl @ Mon, 7 Nov 2016 - 12:39) *
Someone asked me that he has a foreign license (middle eastern)

So, rather than asking the foreigner with a middle eastern Hungarian license (sic) to tell us the facts first hand, you 'help' by giving you incorrect version of half of the story?

Correct.

QUOTE (peterguk @ Mon, 7 Nov 2016 - 13:23) *

So in the EU.

So answer is as above. DVLA can't endorse his Hungarian DL, but will create a ghost UK licence. 12 points and he faces a totting ban in the UK.

What is a totting ban ?
BaggieBoy
A ban for totting up 12 points or more within a 3 year period.
sgtdixie
I would respectfully suggest that if you don't even know what a totting ban is your advice isn't going to be worth a damn. I suggest stopping giving any advice about motoring before you drop someone right in the sh1t.
southpaw82

The thought did cross my mind. It's not a regulated activity so anyone is free to chance their arm.
roythebus
We're also free to stop offering advice.
Churchmouse
QUOTE (Slapdash @ Mon, 7 Nov 2016 - 13:34) *
How was the Hungarian licence obtained ? If was obtained via swapping a licence for it then that Hungarian licence is only valid for 12 months in the UK.

That is a very specific statement. What is its source?

(And how would someone know if the licence had been swapped?)

--Churchmouse
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.