Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Box Junction Penalty received after 28 days
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
stevens80
I was rightly caught in a box junction in the Fulham area. I would be happy to pay the fine but I never received a letter until roughly a month after the offence was committed. I now currently have to pay £195 as 28 days have already elapsed.

If I had received the letter in the first place I would have paid it off straight away. Maybe the letter got lost or maybe posted to the wrong address or maybe they never even posted it. Im not even sure what the original charge as I never had a penalty charge before but the letter says that I been charged by 50%.

Anyway, was wondering if there's a way that I can get the penalty reduced back to its original amount as its unfair I have been penalised more than I should through no fault of my own. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated mellow.gif
PASTMYBEST
Post up all you have.

It sounds like you have a charge certificate, you may be able to have the penalty reset but we need to see what you have to check
stevens80
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Mon, 31 Oct 2016 - 09:12) *
Post up all you have.

It sounds like you have a charge certificate, you may be able to have the penalty reset but we need to see what you have to check

Yes, it is a charge certificate (see image below). This is the only charge I have received.

PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (stevens80 @ Mon, 31 Oct 2016 - 15:47) *
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Mon, 31 Oct 2016 - 09:12) *
Post up all you have.

Yes, it is a charge certificate (see image below). This is the only charge I have received.

No image

What is the date of the CC ?
stevens80
Sorry image now above
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (stevens80 @ Mon, 31 Oct 2016 - 16:40) *
Sorry image now above

OK after 14 days the council can issue an order for recovery, with this there will be a form (witness statement that allows you to make a statutory declaration to the effect
that you did not receive the PCN. The CC, OfR and PCN will be cancelled and the council can then issue a new PCN

B aware

Filing a false declaration knowingly and wilfully is a criminal offence under Section 5 of the Perjury Act 1911 and you may be imprisoned for up to two years, fined or both.

stevens80
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Mon, 31 Oct 2016 - 17:31) *
QUOTE (stevens80 @ Mon, 31 Oct 2016 - 16:40) *
Sorry image now above

OK after 14 days the council can issue an order for recovery, with this there will be a form (witness statement that allows you to make a statutory declaration to the effect
that you did not receive the PCN. The CC, OfR and PCN will be cancelled and the council can then issue a new PCN

B aware

Filing a false declaration knowingly and wilfully is a criminal offence under Section 5 of the Perjury Act 1911 and you may be imprisoned for up to two years, fined or both.

Ok Thanks for that. I expected a letter from them saying that I was on a box junction but didn't expect it to take so long. Thanks for the information. I will definitely
update on this when I get the letter
PASTMYBEST
I would suggest that after 14 days you phone the council every couple of day's to check if they have issued the OfR if that goes missing as well
then things get messy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.