Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driving In Bus Lane Query
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
TAYLOR80
Hi, does anyone know if there is a time limit for the council to issue a PCN from the date of the offence?

I am aware there is a limit for speeding tickets but not sure about Bus Lane PCN's.

Thanks
Gan
Use the report button and ask the mods to move this to the council forum where the experts will be found
TAYLOR80
ok thanks for the info
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (TAYLOR80 @ Thu, 20 Oct 2016 - 16:11) *
Hi, does anyone know if there is a time limit for the council to issue a PCN from the date of the offence?

I am aware there is a limit for speeding tickets but not sure about Bus Lane PCN's.

Thanks

28 days for the PCN To the name and address on the v5c. is that you
TAYLOR80
Hi, thanks for the response.

I'm not sure what the v5c is?

The date of contravention is 7th September 2016, and the date of PCN and posting is 17th October 2016

DancingDad
V5c is the vehicle registration document, the Log Book in old fashioned terms.
Are you the registered keeper on that and at the same address ?
TAYLOR80
No, it is a company car and so the registered keeper is my employer.
DancingDad
So who is the PCN addressed to?

And are you sure that the company is the RK and that it isn't a lease car?

Important as at the moment we have a possible late service but if lease company involved, this may not be the case
TAYLOR80
the PCN is addressed to my company.

It is a lease car but I've had it confirmed that my company is the registered keeper of all the lease cars.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (TAYLOR80 @ Fri, 21 Oct 2016 - 10:43) *

It is a lease car but I've had it confirmed that my company is the registered keeper of all the lease cars.

If your company hold the v5c, and the address on it is that of your company, then it would appear to be served out of time. But it is not unusual for the lease company to retain the v5c
with their address registered with DVLA, I would check exactly which applies .

Incidentally the liability for the penalty rests with your company, you cannot appeal it without authorisation
TAYLOR80
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Fri, 21 Oct 2016 - 11:55) *

If your company hold the v5c, and the address on it is that of your company, then it would appear to be served out of time. But it is not unusual for the lease company to retain the v5c

Incidentally the liability for the penalty rests with your company, you cannot appeal it without authorisation

Ok thankyou. I will check.

I have read elsewhere that a council actually have 14 days to request the details from the DVLA, and then 28 days thereafter to issue the PCN. does this sound correct to you?
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (TAYLOR80 @ Fri, 21 Oct 2016 - 15:05) *

I have read elsewhere that a council actually have 14 days to request the details from the DVLA, and then 28 days thereafter to issue the PCN. does this sound correct to you?

They have 28 days to issue the First PCN to the registered keeper, who is presumed to be the owner but only to the person/company at the address held by DVLA, if this is not the correct address they have up to 6 months.

Did they send a PCN to the address shown on the v5c in time is what must be established
Neil B

It is not correct. Can you tell us where you read that please?
TAYLOR80
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Fri, 21 Oct 2016 - 15:35) *

They have 28 days to issue the First PCN to the registered keeper, who is presumed to be the owner but only to the person/company at the address held by DVLA, if this is not the correct address they have up to 6 months.

Did they send a PCN to the address shown on the v5c in time is what must be established

I am going to appeal as the car is definitely registered to my company at the DVLA and the PCN was posted 40 days after the offence. fingers crossed and will update how i got on when i hear back.

Thanks to everyone for their help so far.

QUOTE (Neil B @ Sat, 22 Oct 2016 - 10:25) *

It is not correct. Can you tell us where you read that please?

I read it on another thread and have searched but now can't find it again rolleyes.gif but i do recall it was a guy who had a buslane PCN from Liverpool City Council.

sorry and thanks for the reply.
TAYLOR80
Hi, quick update.

I appealed by email on the grounds that the date of PCN was 40days after the date of contravention. I have not had official word back as yet, but the PCN cannot now be found when i attempt a login to the council website.

Should i take this as a win or am i being premature?

thanks.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (TAYLOR80 @ Tue, 1 Nov 2016 - 10:17) *
Hi, quick update.

I appealed by email on the grounds that the date of PCN was 40days after the date of contravention. I have not had official word back as yet, but the PCN cannot now be found when i attempt a login to the council website.

Should i take this as a win or am i being premature?

thanks.

No but get a screenshot of the page
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.