Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Change of address
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Clearwater456
Hi all
I'm another newbie here so please be nice!
I received a parking charges from VCS claiming my vehicle stopped in their 'no stopping zone'. After reading various forums I have ignored all letters from them and their debt recovery partners. I was prepared to go to court if its necessary however so far they are still only threatening court action. The problem is I am now moving house and will no longer be able to collect their letters. I am concerned if they do proceed with court action I will miss the notification from court and then end up with a CCJ as they would win by default.
What do you suggest?
Is it worth engaging with them now to notify them of a change of address? I can't risk a CCJ. I wish I could do something to put an end to the matter!
Thank you
ostell
Write to them, still denying any debt, and notify them of your new address. And keep a record of it and get free proof of postage.
Clearwater456
Thank you! Are there any templates you recommend from other forums for denying the debt so I don't say more than I need to?
rogreg8
I am in a very similar situation... keen to see what others have to say about this
ostell
Need a little bit more information before being able to make suggestions. Wouldn't be an airport by any chance?
Clearwater456
Yes you guessed it. It was JLA. VCS sent through the parking charge letter and photos of the alleged breach of contract. I am the registered keeper. I have ignored each correspondence from them. What other information would you need? I'm a bit wary about giving myself away on these forums.
Thanks
Lynnzer
Join the merry band. VCS & JLC, the band of brothers.
It's a real fart on but it'll never get anywhere.

You appeal based on the usual points that you'll find on all VCS JLC threads. There are dozens of them.
It'll be rejected then you just sit it out while the deluge of very scary ineffective debt collection letters come flooding in.
You could add to the pledges which I'm collecting for a donation in case they are ever daft enough to take one of these cases to court.
Normal pledge, collectable only if needed, is for £20 but it's down to each individual. Just PM me.

Now do a search (top right box) for other JLC cases and you'll see what you face, and also construct a first appeal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.