Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do I have a case here to challenge? Fined in the notorious Station Rd
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Hopefullytheyarewrong
I'll pay the £65 if you guys feel I should. But I feel there could be a case here. So this road near Harrow Shopping Centre is off-limits to anything but buses and bikes. But the sign to warn you of this is at the start of the road, rather than the traffic light at which you must turn left if you're in a car.

Here's a picture from Google Street:

The first picture is where I stopped for the lights. The second picture is where the sign is. This sign is too far to see from the traffic lights so it seems complete money-making nonsense from the council to place it like this.

Do you agree or should I pay?
The Rookie
Presumably a council PCN? in which case this is in the wring forum, if so click the '! Report' button bottom left of your first post and ask a moderator to move.

You'll also need to post a copy of ALL of the PCN with just the number and reg number redacted.
Hopefullytheyarewrong
Thanks for the help guys.... :/
PASTMYBEST
We need to see the PCN and council photos you should get the video and if possible post here. If not check the timing against the contravention time. What signs does it show?
stamfordman
There have indeed been one of two other recent threads on this one. I have pointed out though that it looks to me that the road before the lights (i.e. the road going straight on) is actually an access only road coming in that direction, so you probably shouldn't have been in it. This may or may not have a bearing on an appeal.

See https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.578957,-0...3312!8i6656
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.