Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP on way to court
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
esper
I am not registered owner of the vehicle but have car insurance and we were driving wife car to urgent court hearing before 10am.
VECTOR average speed camera cought me in
location:A4540 New Jophn St West between Lucas Circus and Hospital Street,Birmingham
at:9.21 on 07/10/2016

she received received NIP on her name for the alleged offence of: exceed a 30mph speed limit
in contravention of a Local Traffic Order- automatic camera device.Recorded speed:39mph
Contrary to Section: above local traffic order and sections 84 and 89(1) of the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1994
and Schedule 2 to Road Traffic offender Act 1988.
This allegation is supported by Photograpic/speed detection device evidence.

in heavy traffic we were in rush for last day court hearing where it was not allowed to be late at all.
how to explain Police that particular situation espacially if I cant afford to have any points on licence due to public driving job.
Jlc
That's no defence.

That speed is eligible for a course to avoid the points if you haven't done one in the last 3 years.
Logician
You are hoping to avoid points by telling the police that you had not allowed enough time to get to where you were needing to go in good time? Are you serious?
That is not going to work, your wife needs to name you as the driver and you will receive a NIP in your name, then you must name yourself as the driver and provided you have not done a speed awareness course in the last three years, that is what you are likely to be offered.
esper
think done course over 3 years but still have 3 points .
Jlc
Then it will be 3 points £100 fixed penalty.
Logician
QUOTE (esper @ Tue, 11 Oct 2016 - 22:02) *
think done course over 3 years but still have 3 points .

It is measured offence date to offence date, so see if you can find the date of the offence for which you did the course. And you have 3 points for another offence on your licence?

esper
3 points last year from camera . unfortunately first offence was less than 3 years too.
think to attach brief explanation with NIP to Police re last offence
nosferatu1001
What will you say in this brief explanation?
esper
dont know yet
The Rookie
Almost anything you say will be ignored, but be careful if it looks like an attempted defence they may progress straight to court rather than offer a fixed penalty.

Personally I wouldn't bother.
Jlc
You can only hope they have a sense of humour and are prepared to 'drop' it because of the need to get to court (hopefully not for another motoring offence) - but there's no legal reason to do so.
esper
there is a misprint of my surname in NIP letter to confirm I was driver. has it got any importance here?

Kickaha
QUOTE (esper @ Wed, 2 Nov 2016 - 11:46) *
there is a misprint of my surname in NIP letter to confirm I was driver. has it got any importance here?

No, none at all.
AntonyMMM
QUOTE (esper @ Wed, 2 Nov 2016 - 10:46) *

None at all
esper
ok thx.will I then theoretically still qualify for speed awareness course after 3 years anniversary from first one (if another speed offence would be commited ) despite having 6 points in total ?
fedup2
QUOTE (esper @ Wed, 2 Nov 2016 - 12:27) *
ok thx.will I then still qualify for speed awareness course after 3 years from first one, despite having 6 points in total ?

Points you have do not have a bearing on whether or not you qualify for a course.

The amount over the limit and whether or not you have done one in the last 3 yrs does.
esper
and whether or not you have done one in the last 3 yrs does

you mean penalty points in last 3 years ?
peterguk
QUOTE (esper @ Wed, 2 Nov 2016 - 11:42) *
and whether or not you have done one in the last 3 yrs does

you mean penalty points in last 3 years ?

No, he means attended a SAC in last 3 years.
esper
Thx .I see now.
Is it true the p.points remain for 3 years on DL but for car insurance they remain for 5 years ?
fedup2
QUOTE (esper @ Wed, 2 Nov 2016 - 12:51) *
Thx .I see now.
Is it true the p.points remain for 3 years on DL but for car insurance they remain for 5 years ?

points count in court for 3 yrs.
Stay on licence for 4

and insurance will ask their own questions,which could be up to 5 yrs for minor points.11 for drink etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.