Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ANPR PCN! HELP!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Starfish27
Hi all, i came home today to find a PCN issued by Civil Enforcement LTD (LOVELY) the noted incident date was 13/08/2016, they issued this on the 09/09/2016 and it got to my house today, 12/09/2016.

Whats everybody's thoughts on this? i thought with ANPR PCN's there was a 14 day time frame?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
ostell
There is a 14 day limit if no windscreen ticket for the keeper to be held liable for the charge.

You appeal telling them that they cannot hold you liable for the charge because of their failure at POFA and go chase the driver.

Perhaps you could post up the PCN for further comment, removing identifying details.
Starfish27
Thanks for the quick reply, i done just that in the email! will upload image when i edit out identifying details, just worried i got an automated message back saying they will get back to me in 28 days via post! in that case if they dont accept the appeal i will have to pay the 100!
Starfish27
Just a quick question, can I ring CE LTD and ask to have the amount frozen until the appeal is up?
Gan
Never phone a parking company

An appeal within 14 days automatically freezes the discount

If it doesn't, the company is in breach of the BPA Code of Practice which scuppers its chances in court anyway
Starfish27
Ok cool, thanks for that! if any more come in and later than 14 days from incident, I guess same rule applies as to the first one right?
Cuthbert
Why freeze the amount? You are never going to pay. They have failed POFA 2012 and can only chase the driver, you will get another letter asking for the drivers details, ignore it you do not have to tell them anything.
Jlc
QUOTE (Cuthbert @ Tue, 13 Sep 2016 - 16:28) *
Why freeze the amount? You are never going to pay. They have failed POFA 2012 and can only chase the driver, you will get another letter asking for the drivers details, ignore it you do not have to tell them anything.

I think the OP means tickets for other days...

Just to be clear - do not ignore them. (Cuthert is referring to the fact that the driver does not need to be named)

They often cancel once reminded the keeper cannot be pursued.
Starfish27
Hi everyone, quick update. i got a letter back today from civil enforcement ltd saying they have rejected my appeal letter (surprise) . They go on to state in the letter there is no legal requirement to send out the PCN withing 14 days of the incident as there is no reference to POFA on this ticket ( i think this is rubbish anyway!!) they supplied me with a popla code as i asked. have appealed it to POPLA. whats everyones thoughts?

Cheers guys
cabbyman
What, verbatim, did to write to them?
nosferatu1001
Them being pofa I presume

Any reason you totally jumped the gun on your popla appeal? It REALLY had to hsve majored in the big 4 , starting with no keeper liability.
Starfish27
I went to explain about the POFA 14 days for the incident, Yeah guys I F***** this one up. Got a feeling popla won't over turn it .shall I withdraw appeal and just pay the reduceed ?
Jlc
Verbatim please.
nosferatu1001
Seriously STOP JUMPING THE GUN!

We are NOT saying o just roll over and pay. Why do people,do tha?

Up to you. But you hfs a strong case if they tried court.
Starfish27
I can't remember word for word what I wrote. But I played on the 14 days from incident and how it took nearly a month to reach to me. And how POFA didn't apply because there was no reference to POFA on the ticket? Which is B*llocks! But seems like from replies I should of mentioned more
cabbyman
....And you didn't keep a copy????????? *sigh*

No point in withdrawing the appeal. Let it run it's course. You may get lucky and finesse a POPLA win. If they reject, you can assess your next move from there.

Here's one I have just won: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=107513

nosferatu1001
Yes, it in theory SHOULD be enough.

HOwever we never recommend a single point appeal. And the other reason for posting here is we can make sure you dont accidentally reveal the drivers identity. Its happened before.
Starfish27
Hi all, quick update on the POPLA appeal, got an email couple hours ago from them saying the following.

"Civil Enforcement have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team"

Thanks to everyone on here and The POPLA Team!!
nosferatu1001
Well done! Please post in completed cases and link to here.
Lynnzer
POPLA is no doubt getting peed off with being used like this.
They do a lot of work then the PPC withdraws leaving POPLA's expenses unpaid.

I think things will change sometime to make sure this abuse can't continue.
nosferatu1001
They'll show the current contract us unworkable and negotiate to change it. Breaking it would give the BPA more issues than OS...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.