Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: nip served
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
integrativeman
Hi

Found your web site from article in MCN, on the same day my car went past a yellow van with a camera in the back...

1. The name of the Constabulary: Suffolk
2. Date of the offence: 05/04/2006
3. Date of the NIP: 13/04/2006
4. Date you received the NIP: 15/04/2006
5. Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): A11 Barton Mills
6. Was the NIP addressed to you?: Yes
7. Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery?: 1st class
8. Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? If not then what is your relationship with the vehicle?: Yes
9. How many current points do you have? : 0
10. Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons.:

My Veh travelling along a11 in near side lane, going north, another vehicle pulled out of road joining a11 on left, my car accelerated and overtook this veh as another car was coming along outside lane from behind (with driver of that veh holiding phone) and my veh got snapped while slowing down for roundabout. 67mph in 50mph limit.

Did I read somewhere that speed camera signs must be of a certain type? I thought that speed camera veh had to be liveried, eg in police colours, not looking like an aa van from a distance.

What can I do next?

What are the possible pro's and con's of each course of action?

What is the difference between getting a nip and being stopped by the police and getting an on the spot fine and/or points?

Regards mad.gif
The Rookie
Speed camera signs are irrelevant to your case.

I would suggest you read up on the PACE witness statement and consider using that.

Why did you car "accelerate to overtake", presumably the driver had something to do with this?

Simon
integrativeman
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Tue, 18 Apr 2006 - 12:33) *
Speed camera signs are irrelevant to your case.

I would suggest you read up on the PACE witness statement and consider using that.

Why did you car "accelerate to overtake", presumably the driver had something to do with this?

Simon

Hi Simon

Thanks, do you know how the PACE witness statement is received by Suffolk? (Is that a dumb question as i suppose all constabularies dont especially like them??, I read on another posting that someone commented on Thames Valley)

Yes it was the driver who caused the car to "accelerate to overtake"... blink.gif

Can you help with the other questions on?

Thanks

Pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.