Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UKPC Time Issue question
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Armour32
Hi All

My son received a PCN from UKPC while visiting my flat.
He parked in a clearly marked Visitors bay. The large VISITORS BAY sign didn't have any mention of a permit must be displayed. He walked up to my flat and I gave him my Visitors permit.
By the time he had walked back to his car (a few mins) he had got a PCN for 'Parked in a permit area without displaying a permit'

The Time First Seen & Issue time on the PCN are both 21.43 ? Is this right or is it only 'real' Traffic Wardens that have to wait a few mins before issuing ?

I'd appreciate any advice before I dispute with UKPC.
ostell
Get pictures of that sign before it gets changed.

Your son waits for the arrival of the Notice to Keeper that should arrive between day 28 and day 56 to see if they get enough correct for them to be able to claim from the keeper of the car using POFA.

Alternatively wait till about day 26 and appeal AS THE KEEPER and they may even forget to issue a NTK and therefore as they do not know the name of the driver then they cannot claim against the keeper.

Any appeals put on here first for critique. Look around other threads for what to write.

And don't identify the driver!
Armour32
Thanks Ostell

I'll get pics this eve. Sorry it was his firms van not his car.
ostell
OK then follow the appeal on day 25 so that they don't contact his employer. Get him to inform his employers that he has received a PCN and if they receive a PCN as the registered keepers then they should name him as the KEEPER and not pay the invoice.

If the van is hired from another company then inform them.

Why not get him to join the forum so that he can deal with it directly?
Redx
in that case any NTK would go to the hire co , who should follow BVRLA guidelines and give the hirer details and documents etc

perhaps the keeper should appeal around day 25 , as KEEPER

see the NEWBIES FAQ over on MSE for explanations etc
Armour32
Hi Gents

Sorry Ive been on hols & almost up to 25 days. My son often works away & Dads been left to sort it lol.

With ref to my 1st post, is it best to appeal the PCN based on the same seen / issue time or the poor signage ? If I say he was walking up to get the permit, that may read as he knew the permit had to be displayed so makes the poor signage irrelevant ?

Any help ect will be great.
nosferatu1001
Post #5 told you what to do, and where to get an appeal from. For example NOONE has said to reveal the drivers identity!
Armour32
Post 5 didn't actually answer my question !
nosferatu1001
Your question wasnt particularly relevant. And you keep on revealing the ID of the driver!

Post 4 was also telling you what to do.
Armour32
I'll try & get my head round it
nosferatu1001
Or get the keeper to join the forum, so they can take some responsibility ....
Gan
If I say he was walking up to get the permit, that may read as he knew the permit had to be displayed so makes the poor signage irrelevant ?

Even if he had seen the signs, the driver had not had time to walk to the resident's flat and be provided with a permit
The Notice to Driver itself shows clearly that the Operative issued the parking notice at first sight of the vehicle with no regard to the BPA Code of Practice regarding grace periods
Armour32
I have received a reply from UKPC.
They are asking for a copy of the visitors permit (not a problem) but they are also asking for the drivers name and address ? Previous posts in this thread have advised NOT to provide the drivers details ?

Please can somebody offer advise.
ostell
No legal requirement to name the driver. In Fact DO NOT REVEAL THE DRIVER DETAILS
Armour32
Thanks ostell.

I've already advised the permit number, so unsure why they want a copy ?
ostell
They were not interested in the permit, purely the name and address of the driver. So that they could issue a claim against them. Sneaky.
Lynnzer
Get moving.
Act directly against their rights as in this manner and see if you can earn a few quid for Xmas
Amend the letters to suit then post up what you've done before doing anything else.
Armour32
I'll draught the letters in the morning, thanks.

This is a copy of the letter.
Ref the permit, just reply I have provided the number (they don't have an exp date) and we cant obtain a copy ?

Armour32
A very speedy recovery from the Westwoods concerned

Click to view attachment

'Correctly issued' but will now accept £15 ?

Again comments from you Guys would be good.
MMM
Well

You can pay the £15 which they will put towards the cost of scamming others

You can appeal to POPLA where you will probably get this beaten if you seek help from here

You can also write as suggested by Lynnzer

and you should also read this

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/20...al-parking.html

It looks like the signage was hopeless too, taking everything into account I would not fancy their chances if they went to court.

Regards

MMM
ostell
After the last few resident type cases they know they are on to a hiding if it goes further. Now is the time to start the breach of DP action that has been mentioned in other threads and earn yourself that £750 for that breach.
Lynnzer
Just get my letter sent to them for breach of the DPA. Claim £750.

Parking Prankster has just had a Royal Flush of these on his blog.
Read and digest then get on with being proactive by making a claim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.