Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN from Council (code 83) - Bought ticket but failed to display
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ThePigeon

Received the above PCN two weeks ago. I bought and still have the valid pay-and-display ticket. When I got back to the car it was face down near the gear stick out of view, yet when I left the car I'm positive I placed it on the dash.

Would appreciate any advice with contesting this council PCN. Is there a template-style letter I should use? I note my local council has an online method of appeal here, should I use this rather than a letter in the post? https://www.chipsidelancashire.org/challeng...adtype=INFORMAL

Many thanks.

Pidge.
Nowhere Gal 2
I have sent the valid pay and display ticket and basically groveled. I will try and dig out the letter I wrote and paste here. However do try and explain it may have fallen etc. Sometimes, depending on their mood, they may excuse the PCN.
ThePigeon
QUOTE (Nowhere Gal 2 @ Fri, 26 Aug 2016 - 16:30) *
I have sent the valid pay and display ticket and basically groveled. I will try and dig out the letter I wrote and paste here. However do try and explain it may have fallen etc. Sometimes, depending on their mood, they may excuse the PCN.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking along the same lines... basically some unashamed grovelling! I imagine it could seem a little more 'human' than a standard template letter they've seen before.

Out of interest, did it work for you?
Mad Mick V
Here's the Parking Places Order:-

http://tro.parking-adjudication.gov.uk/TRO/Preston/PR06.pdf

Articles 5.8 and 5.9 are relevant.

Poorly drafted throughout, it even suggests that an offence may occur (Art.7.5) under the RTRA even though we have a decriminalised regime.

Otherwise search on this site for "fluttering tickets"--Bogsy did a template letter I believe.

Mick
SatNavSam
And keep the original ticket. Send a copy if needed.
hcandersen
OP, does the P&D ticket include your registration number or is it otherwise directly linked to your car?

ThePigeon
Thanks everyone

QUOTE (hcandersen @ Sun, 28 Aug 2016 - 10:33) *
OP, does the P&D ticket include your registration number or is it otherwise directly linked to your car?

No reg number, just a generic old fashioned one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.