Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECP PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Callummac
Hi all,
A parking charge notice was recently received from ECP with two pictures of the number plate allegedly entering and leaving the car park. It is a 50 minute free car park and the car in question overstayed by 71 minutes. I have read around a little bit in these forums but I am obviously a complete newbie.

Would I be right in stating that in this situation were the driver and the keeper of the vehicle different people an argument could be made?
Also if the signs only state in very small writing (3 or 4 cm high in a big block of text) the charge is in fact £70 could an argument be made based on this?
I have also read elsewhere that the ECP can be safely ignored however many threatening letters would be recieved, would it be worth just dealing with the situation and ignoring the ECP?

many thanks
SchoolRunMum
Would I be right in stating that in this situation were the driver and the keeper of the vehicle different people an argument could be made?

Yes.

Also if the signs only state in very small writing (3 or 4 cm high in a big block of text) the charge is in fact £70 could an argument be made based on this?

Yes.

Both those points are covered in the MSE suggested first appeal for BPA firms, as shown in the NEWBIES thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

HTH. Better to appeal than to ignore because potentially these are winnable at POPLA stage. Better that than find yourself in 5 years time with a court claim if ECp ever follow Excel's current example (all over the forum). never assume it's over till six years is up, so, appeal as per the link then at POPLA stage, just search both forums for keywords 'ECP POPLA' to find recent ones to crib from.
Jo Carn
Can you post the paperwork that was received. Hide the any name and address and licence plate.
Leave the date and times. There is usually so much wrong with the paperwork you wouldn't believe it.
There is an argument re not leaving too much info on the upload but I am of the opinion that if they have got it wrong, knowing about it is not going to help them.
DO NOT write to them that you are or know the driver.
You will get help re what to write, your appeal will be rejected, then the fun starts.
Enjoy it, you'll will probably walk all over them. That means paying someone to pursue the "fine" and not get a penny. If people parking challenged more often, they would lose more often, they would become financially non-viable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.