Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Council ticket help
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
scotty12
Hey guys I recently got a ticket for "parking in a suspended bay or space or part of bay or space (21)"

Now this road normally only has restrictions on it before 6pm with regards to how long you can stay (1 hour max I believe and no ticket needed). But on this day it was our local Carnival day which moved off at 9pm. I got this ticket at 7.30pm and I was only parked for 5 minutes and was well aware of when the carnival was due to leave. Apparently there were signs up somewhere but I sure as hell didn't see them and didn't even think to look for them. Why should I, the road is always free to park after 6pm. Loads of other cars also had tickets. When I got back to my car I explained to the two officers I was there 5 mins and the carnival didn't move off until 9 anyway. They said not to worry about it and just write in explaining the situation and it would be fine.

So.... if I just write something simple like the above is that enough? I guess I shouldn't mention anything about not noticing the signs..

thanks
hcandersen
'1 hour I believe....' suggests you do not park here regularly or that you have a v. poor memory, let's assume the first.

On parking and being put on notice by the road markngs that it is a parking place it is the motorist's duty to look for the traffic sign which conveys the restriction.

You didn't and that's your problem. Your challenge must address the reason why. We cannot put words into your mouth but we can put the words in your mouth to best effect.

So, the circumstances and your familiarity or otherwise with the area, even if second-hand.

And the PCN and photos of course.
Mad Mick V
OP---I would suggest you investigate how the Council provided for the Carnival.

If they closed the road or part of it they would have placed Notices (usually laminated A4 sheets) in the area to be restricted. However they would have used a different contravention code if this had been the case something like Code 01 -- "Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours".

That IMO is what is likely to have happened --if so, a Code 21 contravention would be incorrect and the PCN invalid.

Otherwise, look on the Council's website (usually under pay or dispute a PCN) and determine if the CEO has posted photos--they may show the signs.

Plus what hca said.

Mick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.