Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TfL Traffic Camera
FightBack Forums > Queries > Technical Discussion of Enforcement Devices
Arash Trip
I did a silly mistake yersterday in London and crossed a solid white line as I was not aware of the area.

When I checked later, the offence spot is being watched by a TfL Traffic camera.

Now my question is that are they there to catch motorist and what is the chance that I get caught by them?

Thanks
QUOTE (Arash Trip @ Sun, 14 Aug 2016 - 20:22) *
I did a silly mistake yersterday in London and crossed a solid white line as I was not aware of the area.

When I checked later, the offence spot is being watched by a TfL Traffic camera.

Now my question is that are they there to catch motorist and what is the chance that I get caught by them?

Thanks

What sort of solid white line?
peterguk
QUOTE (Arash Trip @ Sun, 14 Aug 2016 - 21:22) *
I was not aware of the area.

What has knowing the area got to do with crossing a white line?

Was this a stop line at traffic lights?
Arash Trip
solid line for a chevron. I changed the line in the last moment and so crossed a chevron with solid line. But my question was generally about the cctv cameras.
DancingDad
TFL use traffic cameras to enforce all sorts of decriminalised contraventions.
Yellow Box Junctions, Red Route Stopping, moving traffic such as unlawful turns.
Other London councils do similar (not the red routes) as well as bus lanes, stopping at bus stops, school zig zags....
Basically anything they can use to raise revenue from motorists by sending out a PCN.

Not seen any for crossing a white line as you describe and I think that would be police anyway.
Others from the criminal section of the forum will have better knowledge but AFAIK, police only use traffic cameras to add evidence to an offence, not to find them in the first place.
They do of course use speed and traffic light cameras all over the country.
Arash Trip
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Mon, 15 Aug 2016 - 00:12) *
TFL use traffic cameras to enforce all sorts of decriminalised contraventions.
Yellow Box Junctions, Red Route Stopping, moving traffic such as unlawful turns.
Other London councils do similar (not the red routes) as well as bus lanes, stopping at bus stops, school zig zags....
Basically anything they can use to raise revenue from motorists by sending out a PCN.

Not seen any for crossing a white line as you describe and I think that would be police anyway.
Others from the criminal section of the forum will have better knowledge but AFAIK, police only use traffic cameras to add evidence to an offence, not to find them in the first place.
They do of course use speed and traffic light cameras all over the country.

thank you so much mate
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.