Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus Lane Notice to old address despite being updated
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
vagabond
Hi

So I moved to Leics in mid-March, updated DVLA and received new license early April and even paid a fair parking PCN that came to new address in May. However I managed to contravene a bus lane end of July on a DIFFERENT vehicle which they sent a notice to my old address in a different county.

Luckily I happened to catch up with the previous landlord and got some mail recovered one of which was this.

Can I just ignore it as there was a good chance I wouldn't have seen it.

I will get into the details if I need to, as of now I'd like the address question answered

thanks
DancingDad
Did you update this vehicle address with DVLA?
Check on V5 registration document.

Updating licence, other vehicles etc does not update all, DVLA does not do joined up writing.

As for ignoring, your choice.
It will lead to a charge certificate, being registered with TEC court in Northampton, an Order for Recovery and Warrant for Bailiffs.
They do use joined up writing so will find you and charges will make your eyes water.

Probably best to post up a copy of the PCN and let's see if we can find a reason to challenge.
Check your V5 as well, on second page should be a Doc Ref that will show date it was updated.
If council have not used the one on the V5, that is not only a reason to challenge but one that can win.
vagabond
Hi there

Thanks for the detailed reply

No I did not update V5 for either vehicle - I was under the impression that updating the license would update all vehicles I am the registered keeper for. I had not updated even for the vehicle I got the PCN for in May - and that came immediately.

I will post a copy soon if thats what you feel is the right way forward.

thanks
DancingDad
You are not the first or will be the last who updated licence and thought that would also sort vehicles.
It doesn't.
Sometimes it really does end in tears with bailiffs involved.
On the speeding forum, quite common for people to end up with points with no knowledge as well, 6 for failing to name driver when forms get sent to wrong address.
Update them.

Re PCN, yes post it, let's see what we can offer.
Blank personal details, leave in dates and location, a streetview link can also be useful.
vagabond
Here are the details. I remember this, I was confused with directions and after going back and forth I must have done this blunder.

Image:

Google Map:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Causewa...33;4d-1.1375095

Thank you for all the help!!

SORRY I HAD UPLOADED THE ORIGINAL BY ERROR AND HAVE CORRECTED THE LINK - NOT SURE IF THIS CAUSED ANY CONFUSION
DancingDad
Time on your side, often with these "lost" notices they only come to light when too late.

Remove PCN, blank address and PCN number (bits of paper) re-post.
For your own safety incase council see the thread and can tie something incriminating to you.

And could you post back of PCN as well and any other pages so we can check wording?

Just musing but don't suppose wet and through visor you thought cycle symbol was a motorbike. smile.gif
PASTMYBEST
only thing I can see is that the left hand sign would not be visible when turning right, so all you would see is a no entry sign on each side of the other side of the road.

problem though an advance warning is present
vagabond
tHE REST, AS REQUESTED:

It was not wet, but thanks for the idea.

DancingDad
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Sat, 30 Jul 2016 - 18:45) *
only thing I can see is that the left hand sign would not be visible when turning right, so all you would see is a no entry sign on each side of the other side of the road.

problem though an advance warning is present

Yeah looked at that, quite a clear advance warning and a nice bit o red tarmac.
But while Bus and Taxi legend are clear, I had to zoom in to see the bike symbol clearly.
vagabond
I take it the 20m rule doesnt apply as its the whole lane?
DancingDad
Unfortunately it is a bus gate so the rule (nice of them to include this as many councils don't, it isn't a general rule BTW) doesn't count.
Similar could have been claimed had you entered and left having realised error but disappearing into distance rules that out.
PASTMYBEST
Don't like purely technical challenges, but views on these please

Regulations not shown re reps and appeals

The discount period and what is allowed is contradictory and confusing. They say you cannot make reps against the discount amount and the clock does not stop
but that you can pay the discount if they respond within 14 days and you pay in the remaining time. They then go on to say they will re offer the discount
if reps made in the 14 day period.

They quote the time frame for paying the discount as within 14 days from date of service
vagabond
Interesting. I did find it confusing but didn't pay much heed.

I'm hoping to get more opinions

thanks!
vagabond
Ok, failing support for this over the next day, I am paying up sad.gif

thanks either way, you guys are great!
vagabond
So I have made an online representation - how long does the council have to reply because its been more than 30 calendar days and I havent heard frm them

thanks

edit: i just read its 56 days but is that working or calendar?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.