Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Residents suspended parking bay ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
NiallH
Hi all

I've received a parking ticket for parking in a residents suspended parking bay. I'll try to upload photos below. I parked up on a Sunday evening outside house no 27 (I live at 25 next door). I'm unsure when the two yellow parking suspension signs were put on on two lampposts (outside no's 29 and 35) but needless to say I didn't see them. On the Friday morning I noticed a parking ticket and having read the yellow notice, further down the road, it became clear that five parking bays from no 27 to 35 had been suspended that Thursday for removals. I have two questions: 1. Is the yellow suspension signage sufficient ie.. legal and/or 2. As there is no lamp post outside my address or no 27 is it reasonable to say that I should have read the notices further down outside no's 29 and 35? The next lamppost is outside no 21 and had no yellow signage attached to it. I should also add that mid week I don't walk past 29-35 as I go the opposite direction to and from work. I would be grateful if someone could assist and help me determine if this is challengable. I should add that the parking contravention is code 21r ' parking in a suspended bay/space'. Thank you

IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/ouz1us.jpg[/IMG]

John U.K.
Edit your photos to take out PCN No.
But please give a GSV (Google Street View) link to the location. We need to see up and down the road.

It is possible that a motorist see ing two suspension signs might reasonably expect the suspended area to fall between them, but doubtful Lambeth will give way at first ask.
NiallH
Hi John thanks for the response. I've corrected the PNC number visibility as requested but having trouble uploading the street view like. Is it ok to put address on here?
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (NiallH @ Tue, 26 Jul 2016 - 21:10) *
Hi John thanks for the response. I've corrected the PNC number visibility as requested but having trouble uploading the street view like. Is it ok to put address on here?

just the street name as shown on the PCN
NiallH
Hi PASTMYBEST. Address is Hambalt Road, London, SW4. The postponed bays were 27-35 and the signage was outside no's 29 and 35. My address at 25a and the car was parked outside 27
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.