Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Collected car from pound for friend, now being chased for additional charges
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
jamescee
hi people,

hope someone can help.

At my old job my "friend" who is from the republic of Ireland had a ticket put on his car when he parked in a restricted area - which was not actually restricted as there was no signs, so i helped write a letter and send it off to the local council to get this charge canceled, which it was. (used my address due to him living in hotel for time he was here)
his car was then lifted by local council for "continuing to park in restricted areas" or parking in pay and display but not purchasing a ticket.,
he asked me to go to the local pound to pick it up, so i wen down, paid his £180 to get car out, (which he gave me ) and showed them my id, I then returned back with his car and that was it.

then few months later i start getting letters upon letters for £60 and £90 charges in my name to my address.
this was all for my "friend`s" car, I say "friend" as you can imagine we are no longer!

I was raging and contacted them and due to me picking up the car this makes me liable for all the charges for this vehicle. - how is this even possible.

the car was a republic of Ireland reg so they said they could not contact DVLA to get the owners details therefore i am the one who has to pay for it.

I refused as this was nothing to do with me, I only picked the car up from the pound.
but they have went and arrested my wages and are now taking hundreds form me.

what can i do ...
DAB
lets see the papers
Bogsy
If you've never owned the vehicle then you are not legally liable. When you collected the car from the pound did the council not ask for evidence of ownership?
Jo Carn
If you upload the papers from the Council then we can see on what grounds they are trying to get more money.
You paid, they released the vehicle, end of story I would have thought but let's see their reasoning
southpaw82
If wages are being arrested this suggests it's been to court. Has it?
jamescee
I believe it has been to court as I have Stirling park chasing me for payments and had arrested my wages.

I am at work at the moment but will get the papers and will post them up for you to see.

Thanks

when i picked the car up they only asked to see my license, obv to prove i can drive the car, that was all.

was quote surprised at this also TBH but they just wanted the ££ to get the car out.
DancingDad
We do need better information to be able to make sense of this.

Removal fees and PCN cost outside of London would normally be £105 plus £35 PCN, £140 total plus £12 per day.
So where does the 180 come from?
In London, £200 fees plus PCN and then daily charges.

Then £60 and £90 pound charges?
Wrong value for PCNs, Notice to Owner or Charge Certificates anywhere in country
So what are these?
Really could not be for the removal as that should have been settled in full when car was collected.
And if not related to the removal, no way should they come back to you.
Councils cannot just pick a person who paid before to allocate a new PCN to.

So we need to see the papers as has been said.
Then we can maybe find a way to reverse this.
Neil B
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 15 Jul 2016 - 18:56) *
We do need better information to be able to make sense of this.

Removal fees and PCN cost outside of London would normally be £105 plus £35 PCN, £140 total plus £12 per day.
So where does the 180 come from?

Just off the top of my head, isn't it now 150 and 25 pd?

So 150 + a 60 ticket = 180

Mystery about the follow up.
ford poplar
So what fees are being recovered, for what and by whom?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.