Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please any advise please
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
humberstu
Hi any advise will be greatly appreciated, I sold my car about 18 months ago and had moved from the registered address 3 months prior, 2 days after i sold the car it was in a bus lane in Manchester, because i had sold the car and the house i never received any documentation for some 6 months after when i received some old mail, i contacted Man council and told them and they rejected an out of time statement so i filed a pe3 and pe4 the the tec and they rejected my claim!! So this evening i have paid bailiffs at my home £430 for them to leave me alone!! how do i now get my money back and get this sorted, what forms do i need i believe it is time sensitive so any advise asap will be greatly appreciated thanks
DAB
if you have paid the bailiff getting a refund is near impossible
humberstu
It was paid under protest, is it possible to still get the original penalty overturned??
DAB
without seeing the papers cant say but i doubt it.

you might be able to appeal to the county court district judge to reset the clock
humberstu
so if it gets overturned do the bailiffs have to refund me?? surely they do??
Neil B
When was your TE7 refused?
humberstu
10th july
DAB
QUOTE (humberstu @ Wed, 13 Jul 2016 - 22:32) *
so if it gets overturned do the bailiffs have to refund me?? surely they do??

Yes but I think you have to apply to county court now costs £255?

bad situation i know

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure...5/pd_part75#6.1
humberstu
is the 255 refundable?? if we win ? also it can be done without a judge for 100 is this correct?
peterguk
QUOTE (humberstu @ Wed, 13 Jul 2016 - 23:24) *
also it can be done without a judge for 100 is this correct?

Never heard that. A court with no judge isn't much use.
Bogsy
I would complete forms TE7 & TE9 again and send them off to see what happens. It costs nothing to do so. Did the council object to your out of time witness statement?
Neil B
QUOTE (peterguk @ Wed, 13 Jul 2016 - 23:30) *

It isn't without a Judge.

A full DJ at TEC would decide the matter and it's the best option.
A carefully completed N244 application would likely succeed in the circumstances you've described.
You'll need help to get it right: Few people understand what it is they are applying for.

In that vein - show us the TE7 and TE9 you submitted please.
You should also have a copy of the Council objection to it?

I recommend you speak to http://bailiffadviceonline.co.uk/contact-bailiff-advice

who are best placed to advise in cases where you seek to recover money paid to
a bailiff.
BUT please don't bother them before you have compiled a full timeline of events and documents:
They can't help without.

-
QUOTE (humberstu @ Wed, 13 Jul 2016 - 23:18) *
10th july

Ok, sorry I wasn't clear; is that dated 10th? - and notification received how and when?
humberstu
hi yes dated 10th july through the post,i received it on the 11th july, so basically i have so far got a letter from manchester to say they are not accepting any info as its out of time, so then i did a pe3 and pe4 that was rejected, now i have to do a time sensitive te7 and te9 yeah? i also have a letter of notification from the dvla to say i was not the owner and a statement from my solicitor to say i had sold the property some 6 months earlier, the bailiffs have already extorted £430 from me and now i have to pay £255 to have jude look at it? is there any cheeper options? the letter states if i pay £100 it can be looked at without a hearing? is it worth the risk? many thanks for the advice
Neil B
QUOTE (humberstu @ Thu, 14 Jul 2016 - 08:49) *
now i have to do a time sensitive te7 and te9 yeah?

NO.
Sorry, I didn't see it was a bus lane. PE forms only - but I'm confused which stage you're at now?
Hold on a tic.

Right, to clarify.
We can only help if we SEE docs.
QUOTE (humberstu @ Thu, 14 Jul 2016 - 08:49) *
hi yes dated 10th july through the post,i received it on the 11th july, < What?
so basically i have so far got a letter from manchester to say they are not accepting any info as its out of time, < No, again what?
so then i did a pe3 and pe4 < No - show this. Do you mean PE2/3 ? that was rejected,

now i have to do a time sensitive te7 and te9 yeah? As above, definitely not.
i also have a letter of notification from the dvla to say i was not the owner and a statement from my solicitor to say i had sold the property some 6 months earlier, the bailiffs have already extorted £430 from me and now i have to pay £255 to have jude look at it? is there any cheeper options? the letter < ??? states if i pay £100 it can be looked at without a hearing? is it worth the risk? many thanks for the advice

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858
DancingDad

Still a District Judge but review on papers only as opposed to personal hearing.
peterguk
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Thu, 14 Jul 2016 - 11:11) *

Still a District Judge but review on papers only as opposed to personal hearing.

Thanks.
Neil B
QUOTE (peterguk @ Thu, 14 Jul 2016 - 11:36) *
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Thu, 14 Jul 2016 - 11:11) *

Thanks.

And one that is directly knowledgeable about the issues, as opposed to those in local Cty Cts who are not always
so and can go off at irrelevant, confusing tangents when the applicants themselves are already confused as to the purpose of
proceedings.

I wonder where the OP went?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.