Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Think I've been caught doing 60mph in 30 zone by unmarked police car - but was not pulled over?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
vincent1970
Not sure what to make of what happened to me yesterday.

There is a flyover/dual carriageway which is 30mph. On approaching the flyover there was a black unmarked car crawling at close to 30mph in the right lane (figure 1. I’m the red car). So I then undertook it and put my foot down (figure 2), not 100% sure what my speed was, but around 60mph.

I then noticed the black unmarked car put its foot down and what looks like blue led type lights flashing (not the usual ones you would expect from a police car but something more knightrider style). I then moved over into the left lane and slowed down a little (figure 4). The black unmarked car then almost pulled up parallel to me (it was slightly behind – figure 4) and I looked over and the blue led lights were still flashing and the driver said something, however due to me having my radio on I could not make out what he said. I assumed he wanted me to pull over, when it was safe to do so, however his blue led lights went off and he drove off in the right hand lane (figure 5). Further ahead I was due to turn left, which I did (figure 6) and he was in front of me in the right lane still going straight.

Has he zapped me? I would have thought if he was pulling me over then he would have moved into the left lane (in front of me) and continued to flash his blue led lights.

What does it look like judging by the above? Should I expect something in the post? unsure.gif

andy_foster
If he was sat in the outside lane not overtaking anything, he wants shooting.

Assuming that you are the RK and the details on your V5C are current and correct, you will either get a NIP through the letterbox in the next 13 days, or you won't. Most likely you won't.

Anything else at the moment is mere speculation.
vincent1970
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Fri, 8 Jul 2016 - 18:43) *
Assuming that you are the RK and the details on your V5C are current and correct, you will either get a NIP through the letterbox in the next 13 days, or you won't. Most likely you won't.

Thanks Andy appreciate the speedy response. Any particular reason why you think (I'm hoping your right) I most likely won't get a NIP through the post?
andy_foster
Generally speaking, they will pull you over if they are going to do you, although if they get a more important shout, they might prioritise that and deal with you by post.

Personally, if I was plod and sat in lane 2 for no good reason, I would not be going out of my way to put myself in a position where I had to write a statement which started with "I was being a bit of a knob, driving in lane 2 for for good reason when a member of the public who I was inconveniencing decided to pass me in lane 1." However, it should be noted that my level of arrogance is far to low to be accepted by the police, so I will never be plod.
albert2008
always worth jotting down the reg, or / and buying a cheap dashcam/
The Rookie
Sounds to me that you got a warning....quite a common way of doing it, with Andy I think it's unlikely you'll hear anything.
baggins1234
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Fri, 8 Jul 2016 - 18:43) *
If he was sat in the outside lane not overtaking anything, he wants shooting

Bearing in mind the events in the last 24 hours do you not think that is a remarkably stupid thing to say?

QUOTE (andy_foster @ Fri, 8 Jul 2016 - 18:55) *
However, it should be noted that my level of arrogance is far to low to be accepted by the police, so I will never be plod.

You hide it so well....... rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.